Clear all

Malmsteen video...

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

This guy isn't Malmsteen, that's obvious. And even though I don't like this style of play a whole lot, I still have to give credit where credit is due. This guy rocks.

Vid is about 9.6 MB, dial-uppers beware.
http://crew.tweakers.net.nyud.net:8090/arthur/far_from_fat.wmv

-Metaellihead

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Unbelievable.. Fast and clean and he was playing 100% feel.

Great the way the person playing the pots and pans ( I am assuming symbols) woke him up to play.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, it's like he's not even concerned with it. He could probably be discussing fine wines and why The Matrix is a signifigant political statement while going through that song.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@slapdragon)

Awesome, great and spectacular. Now if he could something unique to him, his personality, his musical talent. Not just another clone.

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

Great job, and obviously he put a lot of effort into playing that way and recording that video, but unless he's trying to get gigs for his Steeler cover band, he should really develop his technique and do some crazy ass original stuff.

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
(@marshallsw)
Estimable Member

He's good, but after about half way it got realllllly boring..
You can tell he likes Yngwie

You're a god among insects, never let anyone tell you different.

ReplyQuote
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member

About halfway through? It got boring mabye a minute in.

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

I used to really like this style, but after seeing all the clones of yngwie and others who can do the same thing, its kinda boring. Theres no emotion in that guy at all when he plays. I know its takes alot of work to be able to do that, but theres plenty of people who can. You practice enough, anyone can play like that. Now when I see someone play with feeling, like Angus Young or SRV, now that impresses me.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

I love that song, although it gets boring about half way when it Yngwie just forgets any melody and just goes nuts...I like the title Far from Fat too, rather than Far Beyond the Sun hehe. :lol:

I did notice he wasnt playing it quite Yngwie's tempo, but hey still amazing

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

That guy is great, and it's a really good solo piece but the problem is that it is SOO long... I think that after 30 seconds he's said all that he can possibly say with his guitar. I think if he was in a band and they wrote a good song with a solo like that in it (hopefully not over 5 minutes in length) then that would be the icing on the cake. I don't really mind the fact that the guy is very fast and technical, after all, that's his own style really, but I think as a musician you need to have a strong songwriting side: I mean, if you listen to SRV he could go on forever without a melody but it was structured to some point.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote