18 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4694482.stm

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Another fun poked at the air guitar syndrome :lol: :lol:

Btw , if that was a criteria , i have been a rock star for ages.

How much that video game will cost ? (i am sure it will get me around a good original fender or a gibson or a martin)

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Quite cool actually. Not as a replacement for guitar but more as a musical version of that Moog where the pitch depended on the position of your hand. Wouldn't mind to try this myself and see whats possible. But I'm sure getting something out of it is too much work for their target consumers...

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Thats pretty funny. Imagine the looks you would get if someone walked in on you rocking out with you orange gloves. I'd pay to see that.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

but more as a musical version of that Moog where the pitch depended on the position of your hand.
You can more or less do that with a theremin, without the need for nasty orange gloves and a webcam.
I think it may go down well in Karaoke bars, trying to solo over your favourite rock anthem (Heaven forbid).

Greybeard's Pages

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

And remember when someone posted a link that guitarists are short lived because a machine which can play guitar has been invented.

I don't know where is that link or i would have posted it here.That was also kooky enough.:lol:

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Don't forget that as soon as modeling is really nailed we'll enter the era of MIDI guitar just as it's now already possible to render complete Beethoven sonatas in a way that hardly anyone will be able to tell the difference between the rendered track and a true performance. Yamaha actually developped a system lately which allows you to program vocals. Still in early stages but given some decades this all will totally and radically change the music production industry as we have known it. Not that actual performances will be a thing of the past, but I can really see all the licks and riffs in R&b/hiphop and such be computer rendered instead of performed by an expensive session guitarist, to give an example.

Greybeard: cool, that's what I was thinking about. Anyone actually selling them?

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Greybeard: cool, that's what I was thinking about. Anyone actually selling them?
Try googling "Theremin" - I've seen a number of "one-offs" on the net.
If you're into weird electronic (and music related) stuff, visit http://musicthing.blogspot.com/ - there's some rel fun stuff there. :lol:

Greybeard's Pages

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I don't think I would be very good at this.

I miss my frets. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

This system is good for tech surrounded ones but you cannot take it out in woods to play :!:

ReplyQuote
(@stardust)
Eminent Member

Haha, I saw that on the news this morning. It looks quite a laugh but like Rahul said, for the price it'll probably be you might as well get yourself a decent real guitar.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

This system is good for tech surrounded ones but you cannot take it out in woods to play :!:

That location may also limit the number of fans that may follow you around. :wink:

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Maybe i can find some wildlife who would be my admirers of beatles' covers :wink:

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Maybe i can find some wildlife who would be my admirers of beatles' covers :wink:

Just don't ask them to write a review. :D

Bish

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

guitarists are short lived because a machine which can play guitar has been invented.
Remember when they said that computers would eliminate paper? :lol:

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2