Clear all

how to play a shuffle in D?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I've been working on Walk of Life, and have managed to get most of it down when I'm strumming it straight- just two bits I can't do...but I am playing in D with a capo at the second fret, so it sounds in E. How would I play a shuffle in D, so that it sounds more like the song?

Take care,

Casey

(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Maybe I am missing something here. This song is in E, correct? Can't you play it E - open & not use the capo?
This tab seems pretty straightforward -
http://www.guitaretab.com/d/dire-straits/22900.html

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I have difficulty with B7, and I'd like to avoid that, if possible. So, that's why I capo.

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Same as you would on an A or E (you can see it in the Before You Accuse Me lesson ( https://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=47 ) here on Guitar Noise. Shuffle occurs on the G string, between the A note (second fret) and the B note (fourth fret). If you're playing the whole D chord, you'll need to use your pinky to perform the shuffle part. Takes a little practice, but you'll definitely want to work on it as it's great for the little finger.

By the bye, I'm putting the finishing touches on a lesson on Walk Of Life that should be up online (fingers crossed) by the end of the month. I'm doing it in A, though (capo on the seventh fret) in order to play the keyboard part along with the strumming.

Hope this helps.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thank you, David! :D

I will DEFINITELY be using that lesson! 8)

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote