Skip to content
How to spoil Christ...

Notifications
Clear all

How to spoil Christmas for someone........................

13 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

buy them this

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Yes, guitarreros, he's back - and selling via ebay. You can even get one with his autograph (if you have a strong stomach, of course).

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Yeah,

I've heard the guitars that Estaban pushes are very cheaply made, although I've never seen one. I have heard the finish actually comes off on your hands. I have even heard of the glue bonds failing and the guitars falling apart.

Estaban is a good guitar player. But he really should not be pushing a product he knows is inferior.

Unfortunately, thousands of people will buy this junk.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I saw an ad that had a picture of a gentleman playing a guitar and it wasn't the guitar being advertised.

Made me wonder. I see why know.

Joe

ReplyQuote
 sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

I still think he's Zorro.

check out my website for good recording/playing info

ReplyQuote
(@longdave)
Trusted Member

Who is this Estaban person, anyway?

ReplyQuote
(@alasken)
Eminent Member

Who is this Estaban person, anyway?

If I'm not entirely mistaken he's an extremely skilled classical guitar player.....he has creepy finger nails....cuts them with a sharp point, so they look like picks.....

He sells shitty guitars though, look up the Esteban guitars at harmony-central.....extremely bad reviews...

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

.....he has creepy finger nails....cuts them with a sharp point, so they look like picks.....

He sells poop guitars though, look up the Esteban guitars at harmony-central.....extremely bad reviews...
Ah-hahahhaha. The guys a freak !!! I was flipping through the channels last night and I got a glimps of a base drum, so I went back to that channel and I was sad when I saw it was him but....Anyhoo, he's NOW Selling an electric. Its such a hack.

Its 'black' of course. Looks like an "LP" but with 3 single coils similar to but not quite a strat. The head stock looks like its shaped like and 'E' facing down. I don't know whats funnier, this dude wearing the Zorro hat behind sunglasses blatently BullShitting the audience or watching the band members behind him just sitting there. Reading they're body lanquage you know they know he's full of crap.

But whats sad is. Sometimes they show the "# of Units sold" on the screen and at $199 you see the ticker roll over 3000 guitars sold. He just sits there with a smug look and you know his mind is doing the ol CHA-CHING! thing. Thats over a half a Million bucks in sales right there.

Can you imagine? Oh yeah and they had some guy on the phone and he said he had bought one before and had to send it back and he never got it returned. It was funny watching him squirm a lil in his seat.

I saw the earlier post about him and went to Harmony Central, then decided to Google the guy. All I found was the fact that this jokester Sales Guitars, nothing about his playing or recording or shows or anything.

Anyhoo, Stay away... stay far away. Its just "TOO GOOD A DEAL".

Know what I mean Verne? :roll:

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@sagaciouskjb2)
Estimable Member

Man, I nearly bought one of those guitars. Not from Esteban, though. A friend had bought it off the TV ad and offered it to me for $80. I finally played it for the first time yesterday, and it was such crap. My ESP Viper 50 electric sounds better when it's not even plugged in. Well, that's an exaggeration, but it's a pretty bad guitar.

It's a good thing I didn't buy it, 'cause I just got my Art and Lutherie Wild Cherry as a birthday gift. :D I was hoping on getting a hardwood case for Christmas, but my father decided to buy a new TV set with the Christmas money--so, what're you gonna do, you know.

ReplyQuote
(@evilspudboy)
Trusted Member

I had one for a short time, My mother-in-law got it as a gift. Luckily we were able to return it within the 30 day period so she could get a refund.

It truly was a horrible guitar. What Wes mentioned is true, the fingerboard paint comes off on your fingers. It actually feels like the fingerboard is cardboard covered with shoe polish. (I'm sure it's not cardboard, since it has to hold the frets in place, but that's how it feels). So when you play it, the black coating comes off.

The dots on the fingerboard are stickers, and the frets were sharp like little knife edges.

I don't even think that the caveat, "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is," really applies, I think the esteban was like $89, but I've seen an Epiphone acoustic at guitar center for $99 that was probably 100 times better quality than the Esteban. And the electric they are selling for $199, well for a bit more you could get a squire strat pack which would probably be much better quality.

So it's really just about ripping uninformed people off, because it's not like they couldn't make a much better quality guitar to sell at that price.

Now look at them yo-yo's that's the way you do it you play the guitar on the MTV

ReplyQuote
(@lederhoden)
Trusted Member

Good grief,

the bidding has gone up to $225!!!

The colour is about right - Mist is the polite German word for sh?t.

ReplyQuote
(@evilspudboy)
Trusted Member

Wow, the Home Shopping Network has that same package for 212.50

Now look at them yo-yo's that's the way you do it you play the guitar on the MTV

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

I kill myself. Thank-you photoshop!

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

hahahahaha thats hysterical

I remember that dude, someone should really make him cut his fingernails, they needn't be that long. My god.....

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote