Clear all

I am a man of constant sorrows

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Alright, anyone who has read much by me knows that in December, I am supposed to get married. Unfortunatly I have to push that back to Jan. Since I had pretty much every dime accounted for, anything that set me back much would have made me push it back, but things have been going so well lately. Well, until Friday anyway.

Friday, on the way home from work, I rear ended a very nice lady and her jeep. I have full coverage insurance, but to keep costs down I had the deductable set pretty high. As a driver with no previous record, I figured this would be a pretty safe bet.

My car is a total wreck (no pun intended). I was doing all of 15 miles an hour (24 k/h for all you brits), and the entire front end just seemed to roll up. Her jeep was damaged, but it wasn't too bad. Luckily, neither of us was hurt. I did have a guitar in the car with me at the time (had taken it to work to play on my smoke break), and luckily it was just fine too.

Things could have been much worse than they were (well, not MUCH at 15 mph, but at least I didnt hit some old lady without a car). I just wanted to go somewhere to vent a little, so feel free to ignore the whole post. I'm more than a little upset that a screwup on my part caused me to push back my wedding. (she, however, is ok with it because I am ok...what a gal).

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Well... shes right buddy. I know its no consolation to you but your health is really the only thing that matters. Been down the divorce road, the bankruptcy road, and just about any other road you can imagine but as long as you are healthy you can rebuild, heal, plan, and even get married. Keep that woman. Sounds like a level headed keeper.

Glad your ok.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

What a drag. :(

As John Lennon said "Life is what what happens while you're busy making other plans" or something like that.

As Geoo said, sounds like you've got a great future wife, and you and your guitar are OK, and the other person wasn't hurt. That's what matters.

Glad to hear that the person in the other car also wasn't some maniac who got rabid about it all.

Sounds like you've handled making a bit of a mistake pretty well - that was one of the most restrained vents I've ever seen on a forum. :)

Good luck for January.

Cheers, Chris.

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Geoo: I'm planning on keeping her a long time. I'm also going to tell anyone who will listen how caring and great she is. That is the one thing that stuck in my mind...she didnt even ask how the car was. She just asked about me (after a moment of hysteria).

Chris: It's a fairly restrained vent, but I'm one of those people who IRL will throw out cursing and an overly loud voice without thinking about it (not violent, just excitable and dont think about what I'm saying). However, here I have to spell out all those words that I dont need to be using in the first place, so I opt to leave them out.

I just needed to get it all out in one place. I guess it's easier here because I dont have to look at anyone (except nils and smokindog in their avatars, but they dont look at me nodding).

Now I'm going to play my guitar for a while. It's just theraputic sometimes.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Congradulations on being engaged!!! :)

That's me trying to point out the bright side.

These things happen, every day, you're still getting married, just a month later.

Sounds like a great girl.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Gunslinger,

Things could be a lot worse.

You're not hurt you have a good woman and your
guitar.

The same thing happened to a friend of mine
a couple of years ago. We were leaving work
for a holiday break. I came upon the scene
just after it happened so I stopped and hung out
to give him a ride home. He lives on a busy street
so I had to go the other way to turn around because
traffic was heavy. As I passed his house again his
wife arrived home. I could tell by the look on her
face and the way she hugged him she was saying,
"Just as long as you're OK"

To quote another Beatle "Ob La Di Ob La Da Life goes on"

Good luck in January

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

and continuing chris_c i will do another lennon - Let it be

When i find myself in times of trouble mother mary comes to me , speaking words of wisdom LET IT BE :wink:

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@rag_doll_92)
Reputable Member

Dude that sucks, I'm sorry... :(

I really hope everything works out for you, things could be alot worse YOUR GUITAR COULD'VE GOTTEN INJURED!!!
That would suck :(

All the best :)
RD

Join the fight to stop global warming...
Join the virtual march at: http://www.stopglobalwarming.org
We CAN make a diffrence!

ReplyQuote