Skip to content
I can sing pretty w...

Notifications
Clear all

I can sing pretty well, but i cant play an instrument!

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@thoroughdisgust)
Topic starter  

I can sing pretty darn good, I can mimic voices really well and sing my own...but I dont play any instruments. What is there for me? I'm trying to learn guitar but I kinda suck...

(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Well, we just heard a fun band in Maryland that had some great musicians, but they definitely had trouble singing.

And I know Wes is looking for a singer 8)

Basically, your voice can be your instrument, and you'll just have to find others to play with - just like the rest of us do.

If you want to find something to play along with, then guitar or piano are the best choices.

ReplyQuote
(@maliciant)
Reputable Member

This seems kind of funny to me, there is a reason there are several american idol shows and (so far as I know) no shows focused on finding a top guitar player or any other instrument really. There is a reason the singer is usually the front man of a band, generally when you see local bands playing the vocals are usually the most lacking part, more so with bands playing original music than covers but I think that's because with covers people know the words and fill them in mentally but with an original you are probably hearing for the first time you try to hear some of the words and live that's difficult. In other words, you don't really need to play any other instrument if you are good at singing, but the more you can do the more useful you can be... of course, my theory is someone who can write good songs doesn't even need to know how to play any instrument (including not knowing how to sing)...

ReplyQuote
(@thoroughdisgust)
Topic starter  

Thanks guys, but I was thinking about it, and most of the bands with crappy vocals are like close friends with their singer and wouldnt boot him...i dont know i guess i just gotta find ppl who dont even have a singer...
Thanks!

ReplyQuote