Skip to content
i got my jackson ba...

Notifications
Clear all

i got my jackson back from being set up...

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

and allready found a problem.

all the bends sound fine except for te 15th fret on the B and High E strings., they "fret out"

what could fix this? maybe the action is a little bit too low and i need to raise it a tiny bit?

i hope i dont have to do anything with the frets.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

and allready found a problem.

all the bends sound fine except for te 15th fret on the B and High E strings., they "fret out"

what could fix this? maybe the action is a little bit too low and i need to raise it a tiny bit?

Generally if the strings are fretting out during bends the action is too low. At least that's been my experience anyway.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Yup I agree the action is probably too low. I would raise it ever so slightly but remember how much just in case you need to go back.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

i tryed turning the action screws for the action to go highr, they dont do anything.

i'll just have tot ake it back. so many problems with this guitar that i just feel like selling it and getting a proper ibanez RG1570

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Did they say anything about the neck being warped? Bent backwards?

Did they do truss rod adjustments?

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Is that the DKMG? Doesn't that thing come with the EMG HZ pickups? Those Pickups are notorious for fretting out. I have a couple new SD pickups that would make that thing come alive for a smokin deal, One was never used and the other only a few weeks.

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

I for one would be upset about paying for that setup. Is this a new guitar or is it used?

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

used, but still.

they said i have a 3 month warrenty on the work. im going back tomarrow and making him redo it all, and fix everything. maybe even level frets if he has too. if not i want my money back.

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member

Let me know what he says! I have heard what makes Jacksons cool is their super-low action. I have heard the same about the RG's you mentioned, too. I have played an RG before, and while the "wizard II" neck was really thin I didn't notice anything special about the action.

I'm just curious if thaat makes a guitar harder to set up or not, and if it is indemic to that brand. More info is better and helps you to spend your GAS money in the right places! :D

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote