Clear all

I saved a soul yesterday

17 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

So I'm at Target yesterday doing so Christmas shopping. I was looking for 9v batteries for my pedals when out of the corner of my eye I see a woman picking up one of the cheap acoustic guitars and put it in her cart. Man, I could not let her do that! I walked over to her and told her whom ever she was buying it for would play it maybe a total of about 10 min and never pick it up again because it would be so hard to play and keep in tune. I gave her the lecture about warped necks and not being even setup and with totally crappy strings.

She put it back on the shelf and was heading to GC for a electric guitar.

So, if you get an fender squier electric guitar instead of a crappy target acoustic, you're welcome 8)

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Cool!!! I'm just worried what kind of amp she'll buy.... :?

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

8) Great Job!

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Cool!!! I'm just worried what kind of amp she'll buy.... :?

It don't matter, it's not an unplayable guitar. I play my electrics unplugged a lot.

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

hahaha thats great. When your a 10- year old kid, electrics are so much cooler than acoustics anyway, right?

:D

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Sin city ,

Did a great job.But i was almost scared when u said 'i saved a soul yesterday' ( i was thinking of some accident or a life .....:lol:)

Thank god its only guitar.....:wink:
(May that woman's guitar RIP ) :lol::lol:

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Nice save Brother Sid. 8)

If there's a Guitar Heaven you may just get to sit at the right hand of Jimi in recognition of your good deed. :D

Cheers, Chris

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Sin city ,

Did a great job.But i was almost scared when u said 'i saved a soul yesterday' ( i was thinking of some accident or a life .....:lol:)

You can never tell who will be the next guitar hero/god. I may have kept this young person playing. :D

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Nice save Brother Sid. 8)

If there's a Guitar Heaven you may just get to sit at the right hand of Jimi in recognition of your good deed. :D

Cheers, Chris

Any chance SRV will be on my right :lol:

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

If Hendrix is on your left and SRV is on your right......... you are gonna get an eyeful of headstock. :shock: They'll poke both your eyes out!

They will have to switch sides. Now, how do you feel about asking them to switch sides :?: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I'll just turn around and back up a few steps, that way I can see how they do their vodoo chile :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

Congrats Man!

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Yeah, everytime you hear a bell ring someone has saved an innocent buyer from getting screwed. Good job. LOL

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Now if you can just intercept calls for people ordering Esteban guitars you'll be an instant member of the sainthood.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

you have truly done a good deed. :D

#4491....

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2