Notifications
Clear all

I THINK IT DIED !

17 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Taking a look inside your guitar would be something every guitarist should at sometime experience. Knowing how things work and how to do some repairs comes with the territory. Reason is just like you asked about could be something as simple as a bad plug connection to a bad pickup. It certainly won't hurt to take a look and try to trouble shot.

Yes, expanding your knowledge by studying up on electronics and soldering will help you in the long run. You should see the tool case / briefcase I carry. Cause you never know when you may need to make a repair and be back on stage for the next set.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@oldiron)
Estimable Member

I started out as an automobile mechanic 30 years ago and went into electronics when the cars started becoming more and more electronic.

I remember some of the stupid things I did when I thought I could teach myself. Then there were all the jobs that took me three times longer because I got the aftermath of somebody elses ham handed attempt at repair.

Just trying to save somebody a bunch of trouble and most likley a small wad of money.

I'm all for learning how to fix things, don't get me wrong. Just don't try to learn on that Les Paul you saved up three years to buy. Go find a beat up Squire at a paun shop or tag sale. That way WHEN you mess up it's no big loss.

I may be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride. (Jerry Garcea)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2