Skip to content
i want to become th...

Notifications
Clear all

i want to become the greatest musician of all time.

75 Posts
41 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

please help.

(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

please help.

Good luck! You'd need to devote your life to pracitcing. Non stop, every waking moment I'd say, plus some people are naturally gifted, if you're one of them, congratulations, if not, get to work.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

If you need my help for that, why should I not become the greatest musician of all time myself?

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

It is all about music, and not about you: Start by realizing the goal is not to be the greatest musician, or the greatest guitar (or any instrument) player. It is about making music.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Go for it man, we're pluggin' for ya!

But...you don't need our help; you need *your* help ;)

I hope you're available!

ReplyQuote
(@dhutson)
Estimable Member

I'll be glad to help. But first, you'll need to provide your definition of the following:
1. Greatest
2. Musician
3. All-Time

http://www.soundclick.com/wayneroberts

ReplyQuote
(@prndl)
Reputable Member

I would recommend changing your band name to your name, or something with your name in it. "The Jason Brann Experience" (for a Hendrix reference). This is the beginning of branding yourself as a musician, which takes a long time.

There's several issues with your current name, "Jesus Tapdancing Christ". I think it might offend a huge number of potential fans, and may not match your beliefs. Choose a name that conveys a message about your music style ... JTC might be appropriate for Christian rock, but I doubt it.

One step is to look inside to find out who you are and what message you want to send to the world. For instance: teenage angst by early Metallica (the name also tells you it's a metal band). Punk has a whole philosphy that underlies its music.

The blues comes from the feeling of loss, despair and depression. It can be about love, but not always.
Some writers write about their feelings after tragedies --- There's a Hole in the World Tonight was written after 911.
Folsum Blues was written after watching the movie depicting how they treated prisoners there.

I have great admiration for Nirvana, although most of the songs were about unhappiness, rape, etc.
For me, these songs are very blue and strike a chord deep inside.

1 watt of pure tube tone - the Living Room Amp!
http://www.naturdoctor.com/Chapters/Amps/LivingRoomAmp.html
Paper-in-oil caps rule!

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

PRNDL, you're tying him down to one genre. This boy wants to be the best musician of all time. So he has to master ALL of the instruments, known to man. He, then has to become a master at ALL the different genres, from classical to jazz, blues, rock, bluegrass, country, chicken-picking, finger-picking, nose-picking, finger-licking, the LOT.
I won't hold my breath :lol:

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@csmart01)
Estimable Member

I'll be glad to help. But first, you'll need to provide your definition of the following:
1. Greatest
2. Musician
3. All-Time
This may be the key... depending on these answers you may have already succeeded! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@fretsource)
Prominent Member

You can achieve your goal step by step.

Step 1: Identify and locate the world's greatest musician.
Step 2: Kill him or her.
Step 3: Go back to step 1.

Remember to come out of the loop when you've achieved your goal.

Alternatively, why not just be the best you can be? Everyone will respect you more for it, especially all those better musicians, grateful to have been spared.

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Alternatively, why not just be the best you can be? Everyone will respect you more for it, especially all those better musicians, grateful to have been spared.

Thats a relief :shock: At least I'm pretty low on the totem pole :lol:
But seriusly...Just be the best YOU can be, the rest will take care of its self :D --the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@dhutson)
Estimable Member

I thought the iPod was the greatest music-can of all time?

http://www.soundclick.com/wayneroberts

ReplyQuote
(@dustdevil)
Estimable Member

Well let's see...

1. First you need to play until your fingers are covered with scar tissue.
2. Then you need many horrible things to happen to you in life so you will know what true pain (or happiness) is, so you can write great songs.
3. Then you need to be driven by a psychotic, obsessive, almost suicidal fear that people won't love you and that they hate your music so you will keep improving.

Be careful what you wish for. You might get it someday.

Still, if you want the title you can have it someday after I die...

John A.

They say only a pawnshop guitar can play the blues. An eBay one does it better. A guitar's bound to feel unloved if her owner plasters pictures of her over the internet for all to see and then sells her off to the highest anonymous bidder.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Thats a relief :shock: At least I'm pretty low on the totem pole :lol:
But seriusly...Just be the best YOU can be, the rest will take care of its self :D --the dog

I'll be hanging out with you at the bottom, at least we may get sparred!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@dylan6776)
Estimable Member

Too late! Bob Dylan's already beaten you to it!

Never assume the other fellow has intelligence equal to yours. He may have more.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5