Noble Member

Yeah, Yoyo, Ronnie's gotta go!
Okay, back to the cowbell.... :lol:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Thanks Yoyo!

I'm gonna check out that Epi! Out of 381! Ratings it gets a high 8 to low 9! And that finish is awesome!

BTW, I have an 82' Epi Spirit (USA) and wouldn't trade it for the world.

I also have a Fender Deluxe Strat with S-1 switch that I love and to boot, my friend played it at "Black Eyed Sally's" in CT and got a standing ovation multiple times.

Are you being sarcastic, or did you not read my post???

And nice guitars BTW... Pics???? :)

To mikespe: how's that vamp???? Thanks... 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Are you being sarcastic, or did you not read my post???

And nice guitars BTW... Pics???? :)

No, I wasn't being sarcastic. That Epi looks like a killer deal! I'm gonna check it out the next chance I get!

Go to my Website for the Pictures. Page one are my guitars and HRD. Page two is my little studio and where I post from.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

However, I will continue to disagree with those of you who keep saying that, for the price, Agiles are comparable to Gibbys. There is a reason why Gibsons are Gibsons. You can call it brand envy, etc. but when you open up your Guitar Player/Guitar World/Guitar One/Vintage Guitar magazine this month, you'll see Gibsons. You may see an Epi or two. You'll see Fenders. You'll see Gretschs. You'll see Taylors, Martins, etc. You won't see Agiles. You can tell me you love your Agiles. I think that's awesome. That's all that matters. They should not, however, be discussed in the same breath as Gibsons. Just ask Jimmy Page/Clapton/Dicky Betts/etc, etc, etc.....

I've said Agiles are not Gibbys... They could be as good as a Gibson, who knows (And from what I've heard, alot of Gibson's quality control has gone down the toilet...)? just because a certain guitar has a name on the headstock doesn't magically make it a great guitar you know... You think your guitars are high and dandy because they have the Fender or Gibson (Who knows? I could be a great guitar after all, and my ranting rendered useless... BTW I've played one of those new 70's strats at GC and I absolutly LOVE the neck profile... I don't like the sound of a 3-bolt neck, but thats just suspicion) etc. etc. name on the headstock, and your guitar hero played it. Oh, lets all throw 5,000 smackers (!!!! :shock: ) at the guy at Guitar Center for a brand new Jimmy Page Les Paul (OT: don't you think its kinda funny that people have signature, signature guitars??? :lol: ) ....

Oh great, we saw a guitar in a magazine, lets go buy it because if we get a certain guitar, I've heard it will make you as good as Clapton or Page!! :shock: .... :roll:

Enjoy your name-brand...

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Oh great, we saw a guitar in a magazine, lets go buy it because if we get a certain guitar, I've heard it will make you as good as Clapton or Page!! :shock: .... :roll:

Enjoy your name-brand...

Get a grip, dude! We play what we play! You play yours I'll play mine!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

No, I wasn't being sarcastic. That Epi looks like a killer deal! I'm gonna check it out the next chance I get!
Cool, go check it out... IMO they are a bit overpriced... That guitar should be 150-200 (It was probably made for 50-100 or so dollars), and the Special 2 should be around 70-120 dollars... :)

I didn't really like the feel of the one my friend bought (He bought it online, btw...) it felt and sounded pretty cheesy for the cost... Then again, he was playing through a 50 dollar 10 watt practice amp...

EDIT: I understand. You think I bash products too early, so you we're trying to confuse me.. :) Remember the thing about training your ear (Not naming any brands)??

:?

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Enjoy your name-brand...

Get a grip, dude! We play what we play! You play yours I'll play mine!
Okay... I'm just expressing my opinion. You can go buy guitars that you think are good, I'll but the guitars that I think sound and play good. :)

Geez man, you don't need to get POed because I have strong opinions...

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

(It was probably made for 50-100 or so dollars), and the Special 2 should be around 70-120 dollars...

Nike shoes are made for @ 5 dollars a pair and sold for over 100 dollars a pair. What's your point?

It seems like you are caught up it the whole, “don't buy it because it's a brand name” type of BS.

To each his/her own, but don't push something on someone regardless.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

It's not the strong opinion, it's the way you say things.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

As a person who teaches sports I understand the importance of a "psychological edge". Will playing a Gibson make your music sound better? Does a Gibson play that much better to justify its price?

Tracker made a good point about Nike's...they are made for pennies and sold a a price that is 10 fold. Will Nike shoes make you run faster? Will they make you a better athlete?

If you feel that playing a $1000 guitar makes you a better guitar player then you ARE a better guitar player. That psychological edge cam make all the difference!

Why do all pro athletes wear big name brand shoes? It's one of 2 reasons: Either because now they can afford them or because the companies GAVE them the shoes for advertising purposes. Same could be try for guitars. When most of these artists were starting out you never saw them playing Gibsons (or Taylors or any other expensive guitar). Yet they still became successful artists. Now that they have money they have "better' guitars.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Gentlemen,

Could you please close your eyes and count to ten before making any further posts - I'm noticing a few ruffled feathers.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Remember the thing about training your ear (Not naming any brands)??

Yeah I remember, you were talking out of your a$$ because you didn't know what you were talking about. :roll:

I knew somewhat what I was talking about, since I've tried similar programs, and frankly, for me they don't work.

And Tracker: Have a little class, man. This is supposed to be a good internet forum, you don't need to use trash talk in order to get your point across.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

It's not the strong opinion, it's the way you say things.
The way I say things? I've posted my point, because there are actually some people (Maybe you? You do seem to get aggrivated on this point..) who do and say the things I'm talking about...

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Nike shoes are made for @ 5 dollars a pair and sold for over 100 dollars a pair. What's your point?

It seems like you are caught up it the whole, “don't buy it because it's a brand name” type of BS.
Thats one of the reasons I don't buy shoes over 50 dollars (Unless it's New Balance, because I have a extra wide foot... :P )

I'm sorry, you are wrong in assuming I discriminate brand name guitars. I prefer guitars that have good playibility and tone, while being at a decent price for the quality. I am caught up in buying guitars that are really god and affordable.. :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

It seems like we're having a decent discussion, but its both of you who are stirring things up. After reading that, it seems to me that you all have strong opinions, and you support what you belive, which is good, but I'm getting the feeling that yoyo is trying to push his opinions too much.

You are all enititled to what you think, and there's no problem with that, but don't try to impose it on others too harshly.

I would buy a whole range of guitars to try the whole spectrum from an epi elitist to a gibby to a rondo, to strat copies, etc. Brand names don't really matter if you make ane xcellent guitar, but then again, it's a good feeling knowing that, like, ooo he bought a gibson, which I hope to own one day. It all gives a different sound and vibe, despite whoever's name is on the headstock.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4