Notifications
Clear all

I Went to Rondo! (kind of long)

51 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

Also, what if AGile is a smaller ocmpany at first, then it becomes more widestream and popular, to the size of gibson or fender, do you automatcally stop buying from them because many more people know and buy freom them? If their quality hasn't changed, and Agile becomes more mainstream, that wouldn't stop me from buying it, because they still make an excellent guitar, even if I can buy it at any GC..

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

I would buy a whole range of guitars to try the whole spectrum from an epi elitist to a gibby to a rondo, to strat copies, etc. Brand names don't really matter if you make ane xcellent guitar

My point exactly, but it does bother me that I'm paying extra for a brand name. If I play a Fender (Gibson, PRs, whatever you like), and it plays like a dream and sounds awesome, (and if I'd had the money), I'd buy it. But, unfortunatly, I don't have the money to pay extra for so and so, and if I did, it would have to be used. The thing that gets me is that I can't tell that much of a difference between a $400 popular brand, and a 200-300 dollar off brand... I guess people who have the money and like to look at themselves in the mirror and think they are hendrix, etc. do it. (BTW, I just get the headstock out of view, and I'm set! :P )

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

[quote="yoyo286 I guess people who have the money and like to look at themselves in the mirror and think they are hendrix, etc. do it. (BTW, I just get the headstock out of view, and I'm set! :P )

Thats the thing thats been starting all this arguing, if someone's a multimillionaire, and they know they have almsot unlimited money to spend on guitars, many people would go with a brand name. Not becuase they don't support smaller companies, or they want to look cool, but becuase, the reason it got to be a household and a brand name, which is the fact they that company has been making excellent guitars for an awfully long time, and is available to almsot anyone for many years. So, to many, it's the safets bet to go with, rather than the experiment with a LP copy, why not get the real thing, you know its quality.

Do you see my point?

ReplyQuote
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

Like I said, eveyrone's entitled to their own choice and opinion, and if it was up to me, I would buy one of everything, for the pure fun of it.

Also, rich people probaly wouldn't even consider agiles, it's msotly working class people with avergae salary. We are looking for ways to get a great deal without spending a small fortune. But, that doesn't justify not buying brand names forever becuase of Agile guitars.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

the reason it got to be a household and a brand name, which is the fact they that company has been making excellent guitars for an awfully long time
Yeah, but what I've heard recently about Gibson is thats its on and off for a good guitar or not... The main reason Gibson(Martin, Fender, etc.) is still selling millions of guitars is because: 1. The customers heroe's played one 2. They have been popular for so long

Belive me, I would kill to get a good pre-Norlin, CBS, etc. era Gibson or Fender.... :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

YoYo's got it.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4