Clear all

If you could only get one pedal?

21 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@hummerlein)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hey all. I've been playing guitar for about...Holy crap! I thought it was 2 years but now I realize it's 3...I need to learn more songs :) But anyway...

It's my birthday soon, so I was thinking of asking for a pedal. What kind of pedal would you recommend just to mess around with? I like stuff that sounds weird so I was thinking maybe a delay would be cool. I'm not even sure what all is available to me, really. I don't need anything fancy, just something to play with.

(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Wah Wah.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

no, no. A Wah-wah won't do. I say a digitech whammy pedal, get those hi-fi sounds going... http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-Whammy-Pedal-with-MIDI-Control?sku=150171

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

How about a multi-FX?

I have the Korg AX10-G and it's got gazillions of cool and wierd sounds, including amp modelling - VOX AC30, Marshalls, Mesa Boogie, Fender and so on. Anywhere between £75 and £115 depending on where yo ushop, but the price has come down over the past year or so, so don't be conned into paying £115 unless you're very very rich

I've also got the Zoom 504 MkII Accoustic multi-FX, which is ok for electrics too, but I reckon my girlfriend's son's semi accoustic will sound like the mutt's nuts out of it.

If it's got to be just the one effect, I'd go for the wah pedal too.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I don't own one of these (because they are expensive), but someday I'm gonna get one.

Ibanez Tubescreamer

I own a Dano Daddy-O which is a great overdrive, but the Tubescreamer is the best. It may be a one trick pony, but it's an awesome trick.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Wah-wah, I was going to mention a distortion pedal but I've listened to alot of amps that have great distortion and overdrive.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Wes, my TS9 makes my HRD sing like no tomorrow!

Which one though? TS9 or the 808?

Check Ebay. You might find something, you never know. I just saw a bunch on there for decent money.

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

I have an Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9 and it's pretty great. I also have The Holy Grail reverb pedal by Electro-Harmonix. i LUV that one. It has a setting called flerb which is a sort of flange-reverb. The Ibanez and the Grail together can ge pretty awesome. I'm really liking Electro-Harmonix right now.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

loop station, especially if you're an acoustic player. they're pretty damn expensive, thoguh

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I don't own one of these (because they are expensive), but someday I'm gonna get one.

Ibanez Tubescreamer

I own a Dano Daddy-O which is a great overdrive, but the Tubescreamer is the best. It may be a one trick pony, but it's an awesome trick.
My recommendation. I don't own, or play one, but I've heard/seen one played during a jam before one of our musical practices, (plus pretty much everyband ever live or on cd) but this one I got to hear the changes it tone it can make. It was beautiful.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

yeah, my old bandmates loved the distortion pedal i had. i never really understood it, but hey, whatever. listening and playing are two different beasts.

ReplyQuote
(@tre-billie-mike)
Trusted Member

Why not get a small practice amp with effects built in like the Roland Micro-Cube (I have one and the effects are awesome it's also very cheap) or the Vox DA15 (This amp has a few more effects than the Micro-Cube and is still very cheap i have tried one) 8) hope this helps

...It's Somthing unpredictable, But in the end is right, I hope you have the time of your life...

----I Am The American Idiot---- <-------You have been warned

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

EQ+multi to try various effects. this will save you a bunch in the long run. i also recommend the korg ax10g for the money it's one of the best multis around.
after that maybe a wah and the digitech bad monkey is a great deal for a distortion effect.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

my only pedal is a loop station.

however, for someone who likes classic rock, the Ibanez Tubescreamer is a great recommendation.

Don't let the name fool you, it has not tubes, and it doesn't scream.

But it does have a very nice bluesy warmth to it that is usable in a very wide range of musical styles.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2