Clear all

I'm number 1 at Soundclick Jazz General chart

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@planetalk)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I checked today to see if anyone was listening to my slide guitar version of Misty at my Soundclick.com account ... to my delight I found it's number in the Jazz General charts, and number 8 with a bullet in the Jazz chart. And I don't even play jazz!

http://www.soundclick.com/kirklorange

It's the tune that streams when you open the page. I found an octave divider sound on my RP100 that passes as double bass. I do realize that top of the charts at SoundClick.com ain't going to make or break anyone, but I'm chuffed nonetheless.

Kirk

Kirk

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Congrats!

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

Cool tune! congrats

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Congrats man!

Cool stuff by the way, I'm learning the chords now with my guitar teacher. (not right now, but as in this week)

Way to go. Nice version.

*edit: I just read your webpage there. You played with Ringo Starr? Thats pretty cool man...And this is what gets you excited eh?

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@planetalk)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Just the one song, Taso ... Blue Suede Shoes. But it's all on video. Not long ago, Glenn Shorrock whose band I was in at the time (he was Little River Band's singer), was the subject of one of those "This is your life" TV shows ... I don't know if you get them where you're from, but they surprise someone with a review of their career, on live TV, and get old friends and cohorts to drop in. That incident came up and they showed the last few seconds of the footage of this impromptu jam. I must try and get it for my web site. It was on a talk/variety show called the "Michael Parkinson Show" on Channel 10, Australia.

Kirk

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I really liked Misty Kirk, very nice tone.

Congratulations on being #1!

Glenn Shorrock, Ringo Starr, and Willie Nelson. Man, you hang around with the big boys! 8)

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote