Clear all

I'm Very Much Surprised

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@cmaracz)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I am actually very surprised at just how difficult it is to sell guitars. I have four for sale, and the stores I took them to said that I would get a better price selling them myself. I saw stories about mine going for decent prices, and decided to go with it.

It is, very surpirising that in such a popular activity it is hard to find somebody looking for a guitar. And it's not for a lack of trying, or being in a secluded area. I live in urban Toronto. Anyways: I've put out descriptions in several forums (including the GN swap place), put out online classifieds, made an ad which was given out, taken the instruments to my my-high school, gave copies of the ad to people who said they knew lots of musicians, and I told the parents at the scouts program working in (which is now doing guiatr workshops, and some don't have their own isntruments) to contact me if interested.

Well, not only have I not SOLD one after about two months, but since that time I have only recieved one e-mail from somebody who wishes pictures of the instruments (if that someone is from here I'm sending them today.) They're pretty varied too, one is an entry-level acoustic, one is a second-acoustic, one is a classical guiatr from the 1970s, and one is an electric bass. I'm not using this thread to bitch or try to pitch my instruments here (well actually I guess I am bitchign a bit,) however I would like to share this and find out if any of you guys have the same problem sellign isnturments. I think it could be a large-scale situation, sicne even on eBay unless you have some rare or expensive isntrument, even if you put a low starting price there are liekly to be very few bids and a surprisingly low winning bid :(

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

And I think that is exaclty it.
The market is flooded with used equipment and the going prices are very low.
Good luck.

ReplyQuote