Clear all

In a Rut? Buy new Gear!

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@lummoxx)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

The more you spend the better! I just got a new Marshall half stack, spec in sig.

Yeah, the Line6 212 used to be in the sig as next, but the price I got on the Marshall half stack was amazing...and what guitarist of the 80's didn't, at some point, covet a Marshall half stack?

:D

I'll never sit in front of the Marshall half stack, and think, "Maybe I should have gotten the Line6.". The reverse of that... :cry:

Yes, just saying Marshall half stack gives me a rush right now. :D

------
Lummoxx
-Fender Stratocaster Splatter
-Line6 GuitarPort
-Marshall Half Stack MG100HDFX/MG412 Cab
-Boss "Heavy Metal" HM-2
-Current GAS Pain: WARBEAST!

(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Nice purchase Lummoxx. I just hope you are living out in the desert or on a secluded farm, so you can actually crank that thing up!

ReplyQuote
(@clazon)
Honorable Member

I don't quite agree with your title, but yeah. Buying stuff is fun and gives you a (short) boost.

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

ReplyQuote
(@nottheguy)
Estimable Member

Congrats - Can you please speak to my wife for me? I just fell into a huge rut and need some GAS therapy to get better .......maybe a LP Std? :)

Its a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.

ReplyQuote
(@lummoxx)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Nice purchase Lummoxx. I just hope you are living out in the desert or on a secluded farm, so you can actually crank that thing up!

Actually, I don't. :( But that's not going to stop me when home alone. :)
Congrats - Can you please speak to my wife for me?

Might as well, since mine isn't speaking to me, at the moment...

8)

------
Lummoxx
-Line6 GuitarPort
-Boss "Heavy Metal" HM-2

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Lummoxx

I know what you're saying bro! I love Fender and Vox and all the others.

But nothing sounds better to a Rocker than a Marshall cranked up. Not even Mesa. :wink:

Here is to the greatest Rock tone ever, the Marshall amp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdgj0cSgPLo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCN1BJkuoMk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fENnlkQEds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCGpfGn2Hpo

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@lummoxx)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Haven't been able to put any volume on it yet. Need a few days, and a couple hours alone time in the house for that. But even at low volume, the sound I'm getting gives me goosebumps.

Thanks for the vid links, I'll have to check them out tonight when I get home. Work stinks for stuff like that. :)

------
Lummoxx
-Line6 GuitarPort
-Boss "Heavy Metal" HM-2

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I found the same - a nice new multi FX box with some decent amp modelling did it for me. I've got a demo of it (which I need to put on my website) which I made up using my LP copy through a modelled VoxAC30 and Leslie speaker on one track and a modelled Fender Frontman on a second track. Plenty of delay and ooooooooooohhhhh did it sound good.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@gallileo)

I'll never sit in front of the Marshall half stack, and think, "Maybe I should have gotten the Line6.".

No, but you will sit in front of the Marshal half stack and say, "You know, I really need a *full* stack. I really do." :)

ReplyQuote
(@lummoxx)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I'll never sit in front of the Marshall half stack, and think, "Maybe I should have gotten the Line6.".

No, but you will sit in front of the Marshal half stack and say, "You know, I really need a *full* stack. I really do." :)

Oh, I said it already. :D

I do have to be realistic, though, and place it quite low on the priority list. Next major purchase will be a guitar. I need something with humbuckers and a buttery action to complement my Strat. :) Ever since I was a teen, I wanted a BC Rich Warlock. That will probably be next, since if I don't get that one, my childhood will never forgive me. :D

------
Lummoxx
-Line6 GuitarPort
-Boss "Heavy Metal" HM-2

ReplyQuote