Clear all

How Long Have You Been GAS Free?

54 Posts
36 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I keep thinking something is wrong with me. My last purchase was a Boss-GT-6, and that was like 6 months ago!!!! I have not even picked up another axe on visits to the guitar store for small things.

Have I acheived some sort of gear zen? Is it a sign of a more serious illness? Goodness, what have I caught?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

hmmmm, i havent bought a single new piece of gear since february...and that was a birthday gift!!!!!

EPIDEMIC!!!

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Assuming you're not counting strings, picks, the odd capo or two, straps and music books (another monster in and of itself), then I've been GAS free since the end of November.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I have been a little out of control lately. I bought the Epi Valve Jr head, couple of pedals (and I hardly use pedals), pedalboard, and I have a bid on a rare vintage pedal on EBay right now. Not gonna tell you the pedal, I am winning the No Reserve auction with a $2 bid. :twisted:

Only 18 hours left too.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

Aside from guitar strings.......2 years :D

But as soon as I start my new job in Washington DC, I'm gonna buy me a Steve Morse sig. model guitar (4 pickups....4!!) and maybe a strat or another carvin. :twisted:

Matt

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@nottheguy)
Estimable Member

THe last thing I got was a GT-6 and Fender frontman 25 practice amp - back in March.....Sadly, I must report that I am happy with my current gear....but...I've just started jamming with some new friends, so I'm sure the GAS meter will be turned back on. If I get at least 50% of the annual bonus I am expecting at work, there may be some January GAS in the ATL !

Its a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.

ReplyQuote
(@guitbusy)
Trusted Member

Only when I sleep, and if I could remember my dreams then probably never...

Older Newbie

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

I'm not GAS free. I am waiting on 2 guitars that are suppose to arrive this week. An Ibanez RG321MHGN from MF and a CHEAP strat copy from ebay. Wonder which one will be better. Maybe September will be GAS free. But probably not, I really want a PodXT.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I don't have GAS, ever. Ofcourse, I do have some items on my shopping list, but those I objectively need and only a fool would not think of buying then. ;)

Vox Big Ben/Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Earnie Ball Volume pedal 2x
Behringer 19"15-band 2x mono EQ
Behringer REV2496 19" reverb unit

There are just the basic items everyone should have, right? :D

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I've had GAS but there has been a huge blockage in letting it go.. well anyways in September its all gonna clear itself out. MUHAHaHaHaHa :twisted:

I cant wait. I just hope I dont get foolish. Like a starving person going to buy groceries.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

I had a bad case of it this year and bought three new guitars, but one is a half size so I guess I bought 2-1/2 guitars! So now I don't have GAS anymore but I can't stop thinking of a Telecaster. Wait a minute...

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Hmmm.

I bought three stompboxes and a collection of Zoom Multi FX units whilst I was between jobs, so I guess I've been clean now for almost 9 weeks.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@lummoxx)
Trusted Member

About 18 hours since I bought the Marshall Half Stack. :D

My wife's anger is almost directly inverse to my joy.

------
Lummoxx
-Fender Stratocaster Splatter
-Line6 GuitarPort
-Marshall Half Stack MG100HDFX/MG412 Cab
-Boss "Heavy Metal" HM-2
-Current GAS Pain: WARBEAST!

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

"...only a fool would not think of buying them." - I'm gonna use that one on the wife.

Been Gas-free for about 3 months (since my Zoom Pedal) but I've been getting the itch lately. I'm watching about 12 Acoustic/Electrics on eBay and a couple of Floyd-Rose equipped guitars. I'm also in the midst of updating my "beer guitar" with a new bridge and pickups, so perhaps that project will satisfy me for now.

How can an affliction be so terrible and beautiful at the same time?

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@hbriem)
Honorable Member

I don't have GAS and never have. I'm not interested in equipment for its own sake, only as means to an end.

All I have is the bass (1979 Musicman Stingray), which is not even mine, but belongs to our drummer, an amp and cab that I bought very cheaply and secondhand because I needed it, a cheap Strat-clone guitar and a practice amp.

I'd like new equipment, but I'm not bothered enough to look for it.

--
Helgi Briem
hbriem AT gmail DOT com

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4