Clear all

incorporating tapping in solos

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@elpelotero)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

im writing a solo and im thinking of incorporating some tapping into it. i know how to do tapping, but its from like kirk hammet or EVH. how would i go about creating an original tapping riff?? what notes and intervals should i be hitting

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Just run up and down your major scale. Play fast enough and noone really knows what is being played anwyay.

ReplyQuote
 sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

Funny, but probably very true! :lol:

If you want to keep your solo melodic, then tap notes that either fits the scale or the chord that's being used. Get creative if it's still ppossible to do with tapping! 8)

check out my website for good recording/playing info

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

I'd have to say I agree whole-heartedly with what SirN said. If you're working with a scale, find a note in the scale that fits further down on the string and use that for tapping.

Also, other cool things you can do - try bending the note you're tapping as well.

After you're done, I'd appreciate it if you tabbed out the solo you're working on and what you used to make it - I've only been playing for about a year, but the above topic is something I'd like to incorporate into my playing, I'd love to see any examples of tapping that AREN'T Hot for Teacher / Eruption. :P (Despite the fact that I love Van Halen!)

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Just keep it tasteful. USE tapping, but don't make your entire solo tapped, that will add an element of sophisication to the tune.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

I'd love to see any examples of tapping that AREN'T Hot for Teacher / Eruption. :P (Despite the fact that I love Van Halen!)

You wanna see something completely different with tapping then check out 'Day At the Beach' and 'Midnight' by Joe Satriani. Day at the Beach is particularly origional.

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

(and now, for something completely different with tapping...

It's....It's....JOE SATRIANI'S FLYING CIRCUS!

(sorry, I couldn't resist.)

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote
(@elpelotero)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

One by metallica features 2 tapping riffs. id suggest those over my own. ive been playing for 2 yrs, so its not like i know what im doing. i just know how to do it.

ReplyQuote