Skip to content
Inexpensive multi f...

Notifications
Clear all

Inexpensive multi fx - quick help needed.

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@czarus)
Topic starter  

Hi guys.

I'm actually a bass player, who converts himself to a guitarist ;) Because our guitarist left the band, and as I know all songs and can play guitar, we thought it's a good idea to take his place. My budget is around $130.

Anyway, I need some effects for a couple of songs. Unfortunately, I don't have enough money for analog stomps, that's why I thought about multi fx. So, here's what should it have:

-Good delays, reverbs, tremolos, maybe some filters and rotary speaker. Probably I'd use some overdrives and fuzzes from time to time. And maybe some kind of weird effects like frequency analizer ;)
-Compact size.
-It should work well with tube amp.
-I need it to have an option to deactivate amp sims.
-It'd be cool if it had USB out and work as an interface, but not necessarily.
-It should sound good! That's the most important thing for me ;)
-It shouldn't color the sound too much.
-I actually don't need looper and a drum machine. I just need a decent sound.
-1-2 effects at time is enough, i don't need infinite number of effects at time ;P

I did some research, and actually there are some candidates...like:
-Vox Tonelab ST (I heard that amps sims are nice, but horrible effects. I need good effects, and I actually barely need amp sims...probably only for recording.).
-Zoom G3 (It has great opinions in general).
-Zoom B3 (Considering the fact that I'm bass player as well, I could kill two birds with one stone...does it sound decent with guitar?).
-Boss Me-25
-Boss Me-50 (Unfortunately, this one doesn't have USB, but it's used by Kings of Leon's guitarist...kind of good reccomendation).
-Digitech RP-355 (There are different opinions on that one, some people love it, some people seem to hate how it sounds.).
-Digitech BP-355 (Same situation as Zoom B3).
-Digitech RP-360 (I assume it's the newest unit, but I don't know much about it).
-Line6 M5 (One effect at time...and I don't mind it. Unfortunately, no USB).
-Line6 Pod XT (Not exactly adjusted for playing live I think).

If there are anything else which meet those requirements, please don't mind to mention it here.

Thanks for reading and thanks for your help in advance :)