Skip to content
Is the digitech rp2...

Notifications
Clear all

Is the digitech rp200a a qaulity multi-effect pedal /own it?

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@acopfender)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Is the digitech a qauality pedal and can it be sued live, and are the effects good?
please if you know anything post it i need to know

i play a fender telecaster and i need to know about effects!

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Hey, acopfender, wecome to guitarnoise! I dont have any experiance with that, but I'd reccomend reading some reviews over at Harmony Central: http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/DigiTech/RP_200A-01.html

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

And I dont think it can be sued, as its not a human. :wink:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

And I dont think it can be sued, as its not a human.

Sorry to bring out the legal analyst in me, but technically you don't have to be a human to be sued, entities (such as corporations, governments, etc) are sued all the time, and in these cases no person is actually liable.

Bleh, back to guitars!
Is the digitech a qauality pedal and can it be sued live, and are the effects good? please if you know anything post it i need to know

I have the 100, my friend has the 200, so I feel reasonably experienced with them. My feeling is that some effects are very passable for a practice or rehearsal setting, while others are lacking for the more serious applications. The compression is pretty weak, the tuner on mine went all weird after a while, which could only be fixed be resetting the unit, which erases all your presets :evil: !

Over all? It gets the job done, but in the end you get what you pay for. You want serious diversity and tonal quality? It's time to head for the ToneLab, or possibly the higher end of the Line6 POD series, both better purchases in my opinion. YMMV.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

acopfender,

Welcome to Guitarnoise :D

I don't know why there is so much attention to the word "sued live" in your question when it's appears that you meant "used live" :?

You will learn that people at Guitarnoise love to throw in a friendly "dig" to one another. However, you won't find a better group willing to openly share information regarding any topic about guitars and guitar playing.

A friend of mine has a Digitech 200 unit that is a least a couple of years old. I thought for the price the sound quality was passable for home/reheasal use.

It appears well made and from my friend's input and other reviews I've read Digitech units are dependable. I know my friend's unit sees a lot of use (at least 35 hours a week) and it has never failed.

Based on this and other research, I decided to purchase a Digitech unit.
I bought a Digitech RPx400 this week primarily for its capability to record directly to the computer via USB.

I was pleased when we powered the unit up. They upgraded their effects and it sounds much better than the my friend's older unit and I would use this unit for live performance 8)

Unfortunately - it still has the flaw Undercat mentions that if you reset the unit to the original factory presets you loose all the custom presets :(

I recommend keeping a log of all the custom presets so they can be readily reentered into the unit if needed :!:

Bob

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Undercat, what I meant is a nonliving thing. I dont think you can sue a toaster for burning youre toast, much less a Digitech for sounding bad. :lol:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@acopfender)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

USED*****

i play a fender telecaster and i need to know about effects!

ReplyQuote