Skip to content
Is there a secret t...

Notifications
Clear all

Is there a secret to Lithium by Nirvana?

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@prndl)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Why is this song so difficult for me to understand?
Dm F# B5 G A#5 C5 A5 C5

Any suggestions?

I'm not gonna crack!

:D

1 watt of pure tube tone - the Living Room Amp!
http://www.naturdoctor.com/Chapters/Amps/LivingRoomAmp.html
Paper-in-oil caps rule!

(@michhill8)
Honorable Member

it could possibly be in a minor key, but I have not checked really, just throwing it out there.

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@apoxx)

This site 'might' help you a bit, I can sort of play it fairly well after sitting on this site for who knows how long...

http://freelicks.net/Nirvana_lithium1.htm

"GO BIG RED!"

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

PRNDL: This was one of the first ones I wanted to learn, and it messed with my head for a while too - I think it was the fact that the chords don't change where I'd expect them too (I hadn't seen that before, changing on the last beat of one bar instead of the first beat of the next)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

As far as I know, Lithium doesn't really stick to a key.

It's weird, everyone says Nirvana is so simplistic but everyone, myself included is having troubles with their songs. Hmm......

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

We used to cover Lithium, however we played it E, G#, C#, A, C, D, B, D. Not sure if this is correct to the recording (we tune down a half step). We used all simple barre chords. I had to sing it and it gave me a little trouble until I realized you start singing on the G# chord. I don't know if this is what is giving you trouble, but it is a little tricky to sing. At first you are tempted to start singing on the beginning E chord. Won't come out right that way.

So don't think of the E (D or Dm for you) as the first chord, even if the song starts this way. Think of the 2nd chord (F# for you) as the first chord and start the verse on it.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote