I've got 1 BIG project

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@satch_da_man)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hey all,

I've been learning on my own (with help from you all of course) for just over 2 years. I have 4-5 large binders of sheet music, lessons, examples, etc. I have no idea how many sound file and video lessons saved on my hard drive. So much stuff I can't keep it all straight.

I've decided to build a complete lesson program from day 1 until Satch himself asks for lessons (kidding about that). It will be a work in progress for a long time, but I have a very clear picture of where I want to go musically.

So there you go, just wanted to tell somebody.

SDM

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Great idea; best of luck!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Good for you, Satch! Organization is a good thing! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Good luck I'm in a similar situation but the thought of organizing everything I have from lessons to tab to sound files to lyrics is daunting.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Good luck I'm in a similar situation but the thought of organizing everything I have from lessons to tab to sound files to lyrics is daunting.
+1 to this.
I tried to be semi methodical from the start, but it's a big honkin' mess none the less! Curious, Satch, about any methodology that proves to make things simpler. :wink:

Don

ReplyQuote
(@satch_da_man)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Right now I have a pretty complete outline. I will be using Power Tab for all examples/lessons to keep a uniform look.

I did this once before (sort of). I've been practicing karate and tai chi for about 21 years now. A few fews ago I compiled a manual for a few students. I was real happy with the results.

One concern is not breaking any copyright laws. I don't have any intention of publishing, but who knows who may want a copy some day.

SDM

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

So satch are you saying your going to take all your tab hand written chord progressions or whatever and import or manually type into PowerTab?

That sounds like a lifelong project, good luck buddy and may the power be with you.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@shredhed)
Eminent Member

One concern is not breaking any copyright laws. I don't have any intention of publishing, but who knows who may want a copy some day.

It's disgraceful that someone wanting to compile their personal knowledge should have to worry about copyright. Really makes me angry :x

Anyway, good luck on the orginisation, I really should get round to doing something like this.....

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Bits of paper here, bits of paper there, files on one computer, files on another, hmmm seems I could do with a clean-up myself.....either that, or hope that if there's any good stuff in there, it'll somehow rise to the top.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Mine are semi-organized; This is a project I hope to complete one day...

Good Luck! :)

ReplyQuote