Clear all

I've got something to say, undercat

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

You were right, Lp's rule. I just tried a Gibby Faded LP(not near as heavy as I thought) and the neck was pretty good. I guess the Epi I tried was just a dud. 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

As I've found out for myself......you can try 10 of the same guitars and maybe find one that speaks to you.

Agreed,....some guitars aren't for me. Either I don't like the style or I don't like the feel, etc..... And for that, I only play one that feels right on me before I start critisizing it (which in the end only becomes an opinion, everyone's got one). But, you should still give some of them a chance....ya never know.

Try and go to another store and try a couple of Epiphones and see if you can still say the same. Epi's aren't all bad, like you said, mabe you tried a dud. Thats why you should go to a couple of different stores and try ALL the guitars you can.

See, strats aren't the only guitar out there.

So........ are you still going to look for new pups or buy a different guitar? :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

See, strats aren't the only guitar out there.

*twitch* *twitch*

What Blaspheme is this!

*twitch twitch*

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Eh... I didn't say I'm dumping the thought of buying a strat, I still like the feel better, but the LP's are growing on me. :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Whoops, been away for a couple days!

Yeah, there's a lot going for those LP's yeah? :lol:

I started off on a strat: single coil, 25" scale, trem etc, and when I first played the LP I was REPULSED! :shock: but a friend of mine encouraged me to give it a few minutes to settle in... boy am I glad I did!

There are things a strat can do that my LP will never touch, but by the same token, the searing, pushing sound of my LP through a tube amp is not something I can get from a strat, and it makes me just LOVE playing guitar. I encourage everyone to spend some serious time with both styles.

Glad you finally felt a little bit of that magic...

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@gizzy)
Estimable Member

That was why I got my PRS CE22 you can get sounds that are between a Les Paul and a fender Strat, love both guitars Les Paul and PRS.

:D

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Yeah LPs really are amazing. They are so great and even though they are so different then strats, they really are pretty easy to get used to, the weight usually takes a while to get used to though.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Oh cool gizzy, I've always wanted to try a real PRS but the SE models are sweet for the moolaa! :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Oh cool gizzy, I've always wanted to try a real PRS but the SE models are sweet for the moolaa! :)

At their price point, I've been blown away by the SE's, I was a bit of a skeptic, but just a little quality time with both the soapbar version and the singlecoil have me convinced they're quality axes.

Because I'm such a hardtail fool, I was really taken by the hardtail single coil model. It's one of those combinations you don't find on too many guitars, except the Tele of course, but I didn't really want that tele sound. If I was going to get another guitar today that's probably what I'd get.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote