Jackson SL3 Soloist (Pro series)

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hi,
Anyone had any experience with this guitar? How does it compare to the DK2?

(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

I haven't played a DK in a while but I do own a SL2HT. Great playing guitar, you'll love the compound radius fret board.

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I haven't played a DK in a while but I do own a SL2HT. Great playing guitar, you'll love the compound radius fret board.

What is meant by the "compound radius fretboard"?

Thing is I thought the pro series DK2 was a peice of crap - I dont wanna buy the pro series soloist if its anything like the DK2...Though there is a huge price difference, so it should b way better?

EDIT:
Oh yeah and if anyone is qualified to say how it compares to the Ibanez RG2550ex or RG2570e please do! :P

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

What is meant by the "compound radius fretboard"?

Thing is I thought the pro series DK2 was a peice of crap - I dont wanna buy the pro series soloist if its anything like the DK2...Though there is a huge price difference, so it should b way better?

EDIT:
Oh yeah and if anyone is qualified to say how it compares to the Ibanez RG2550ex or RG2570e please do! :P

The neck at the nut has a 14" radius then flattens out at the bridge to a 16 " radius.

If you think that it is a POS then look at the Soloist series, maybe a import SLSMG.

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

btw wat makes the USA series guitars so much better? I mean its a hefty price difference...

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

btw wat makes the USA series guitars so much better? I mean its a hefty price difference...
Hardware and wood selection if you're comparing to a MIJ. Everything if you're comparing to the India series.

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hardware and wood selection if you're comparing to a MIJ. Everything if you're comparing to the India series.

MIJ? India series? Are you sure your thinking of Jackson?

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Yes, Jackson has plants in both country's The Japanese stuff is pretty good with lower quality hardware. The India stuff is kind of crappy. I have a Kelly that is made in India, see link. Say's right on it crafted in India.

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2900013503

and no image but these

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2910104

are made in Japan.

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Ah ok. Turms out I might get a USA series SL1 anyway - I found a second hand one from ebay USA is about the same price as a brand new SL3 in the UK! I dont understand why they're so expensive here in the UK :? thank god for ebay!

ReplyQuote