Clear all

jam session!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I previously mentioned that I quit my band in another thread. It was getting too stressful and there was a huge difference of opinions on where it should be going.

So the day after I quit my band, I searched for a new group of guys to jam with. I found some guys that live near me, instead of 50 minutes away! They told me to just bring my guitar since they had amps. I was QUITE surprised when I saw what amps they had...

1) Marshall TSL100 Half Stack
2) Peavey Windsor Half Stack w/ TS808
3) Peavey Ultra Half Stack

Then they also had a drum set, pa, and 215 bass amp that ran around 200 watts.

We played some ACDC (Back in Black, Shook), some other rock songs we figured out from my old band and ones they knew, and then random chord progression or twelve bar blues that we soloed over.

I also got to play bass and drum set. I know that some people look down on the video game Rock Band, but I had no trouble playing the drums in real life after Hard and Expert on Rock Band! (I'm not saying I'm good, but the transition wasn't hard)

I got invited back to play with them whenever I want. It's no pressure and they're talking about maybe playing an open jam once a month too.

w00t

(@danlasley)
Noble Member

That sounds great! It's amazing how much personalities affect bands after a while. I hope this works out for you at some level.

ReplyQuote