Jellifish Picks

24 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone ever tried a Jellifish pick?

It says "The Jellifish Chorus Guitar Pick produces 3 trademark sounds: Chorus!, a 12-string-like effect; Pluck!, like a hammered dulcimer; and Bow!, like a cello."

I was browsing the Guitar Center web site and came across it! Am curious, but not enough to buy one yet!! Anyone tried?

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I've seen them advertised in Guitar Player but haven't ever tried them. I guess I figured it was probably just a gimmick. Like you, I'm curious to hear if anyone's used one.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@welshman)
Estimable Member

Never seen one - what is it made from?

D

What did the guitarist do when he was told to turn on his amp?
He caressed it softly and told it that he loved it.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I don't know!!! It doesn't say on the GC website! But, it does have this little mp3 of the way it sounds.....

EDIT: And here's a little movie.....

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i have one. it's nothing special.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I got one for me, one for my boy and one for my guitar teacher. None of us could do anything useful with it. I'd gladly let you have mine if I knew where it is. I don't care.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well, now I know not to waste $9.99 on it!!! Thanks y'all! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@kaspen)
Trusted Member

I have it somewhere. Worst crap I ever used (besides for my wooden picks). Chorus and 12-string sound is NOT just about the amount of hits on the string. Save your money.

ReplyQuote
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

I'd have to agree with everyone else. I was given one and thought it was a cool little gadget for a while, but then the little wires started falling out! I still have it but haven't picked it up in years.

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

I've tried 2 guitar stores, but both didn't have any. I guess I was just lucky :P

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Never seen one - what is it made from?

Looks like some medium gauge nickel wound string, mounted in a little plastic handle and all cut off evenly so it looks like a little brush. Seems like a cool idea, but all I can get out of it is scratchy noise. Maybe it's my fault and if I'd practiced enough I'd be able to do all the cool stuff the guy in the video does, but life's too short IMO.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Elecktra, you could always try chopping the head off a medium toothbrush and try strumming with that.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

I tried a plastic comb on my 3/4 acoustic just the other day. Strumming didn't work to well but plucking several strings at a time sounded really cool. :idea:

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

LOL @ Vic! :D

I read the little blurb they had about the guy who invented the Jellifish and it said that he got the idea from a drum brush.

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

LOL @ Vic! :D

I read the little blurb they had about the guy who invented the Jellifish and it said that he got the idea from a drum brush.

Hmmm - wonder what my electric toothbrush'd sound like? 4.27 AM, so it's a bit late to give it a try.....

Don't think even Jimmy Page has tried that one yet......!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2