Notifications
Clear all

Joe Walsh - Life's Been Good

17 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@smackedbygodsmack)
Topic starter  

You guys remember this classic? I know the main guitar riffs, but what I really want to learn right now is the slide guitar! Please someone tab out an accurate tab for this!

(@smackedbygodsmack)
Topic starter  

You guys remember this classic? I know the main guitar riffs, but what I really want to learn right now is the slide guitar! Please someone tab out an accurate tab for this!

please someone help, i am dying to know the slide guitar riffs but Im not good at figurin out the tabs or learning by ear

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

learn tabs, thats a must. and then go here: http://mxtabs.net/guitartabs.php

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@smackedbygodsmack)
Topic starter  

no yoyo, you misunderstand me...i know how to read tabs and all that sh*t. I am dying to know how to play the slide guitar in the song and I've only seen one tab for the song that has it and it was incorrect...thats why im here hoping someone will know or find out for me...im not an idiot

someone please help

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Okay, then here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/w/walsh_joe/lifes_been_good_ver2_tab.htm If thats not right, go here: http://www.google.com/search?q=Lif e's+Been+good+slide+guitar+tabs&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

That HAS to solve your problem. If for any reason it dont, just get off your butt a go buy a joe walsh tab book.

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

SBG

Or you could do what everyone did when I learned to play. They didn't have tab books then. It works though.

You play the recording over and over listening to it. Then you find one note at a time. You keep going until you know the whole solo. Try it. :wink:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@shibby)
Estimable Member

Even in those terrible tabs they usually have 1 or 2 right notes. I like to find those notes and use them as a starting point to find the rest of the notes in the solo.

ReplyQuote
(@smackedbygodsmack)
Topic starter  

this is gonna take me forever....damnit

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

You might try Open E tuning E B E G# B E or play these if standard tunning is used.

Lick 1
d|--5--4--2----5\2-------|
B|--5--4--2----5\2-------|
G|--5--4--2----5\2-------|
D|---------------------------|
A|---------------------------|
E|---------------------------|

Lick 2
d|--5--4--2----5\2//14-----|
B|--5--4--2----5\2//14-----|
G|--5--4--2----5\2//14-----|
D|------------------------------|
A|------------------------------|
E|------------------------------|

Lick 3
d|--5--4--2----5\2//7-----|
B|--5--4--2----5\2//7-----|
G|--5--4--2----5\2//7-----|
D|-----------------------------|
A|-----------------------------|
E|-----------------------------|

Hope it Helps

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

SBG

You can probably learn that in a day or two. Not to be too critical, but you seem a little impatient. Guitar is hard. You have to work at it. You cannot expect someone else to do your work for you. When I first started, I literally spent months trying to learn some difficult solos, and I am not kidding. If guitar was easy, anybody could do it.

I'll give you a little help. Many times slide guitar is played in an open tuning. I know for a fact Joe Walsh liked to do that. I am guessing that song will be in open A tuning. So try this.

6th string - E
5th string - A
4th string - E You will have to tune this up one whole step
3rd string - A You will have to tune this up one whole step
2nd string - C# You will have to tune this up one whole step
1st string - E

So with this tuning, when you play all strings open it will be an A Major chord. I am fairly certain this is the tuning used for this song. Experiment with this tuning. You will hear familiar sounds in a few minutes.

Listen to the tone of the strings. This will tell you which strings to play on.

Don't give up. You can't expect it to always be easy.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@smackedbygodsmack)
Topic starter  

thanks man

ReplyQuote
(@smackedbygodsmack)
Topic starter  

The sound isnt good....he plays something deeper than I can figure...

my best job was this:

----------------------------------------
----3-1-0-1-3----0-1-3-1-3/---------
----3-1-0-1-3----0-1-3-1-3/---------

either regular tuning or the suggested tuning (EC#AEAE)

and when i slide, i just go up to around the 12th fret or so, then lower the next time

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I remember trying to work this out years ago.....as far as I can remember it's in open G tuning...so instead of EADGBE, you'll need to tune to DGDGBD.....tune the 6th string down two semitones, tune the 5th string to the 5th fret of the 6th string, leave strings 4,3 and 2 as they are, and tune the 1st string down two semi-tones....

Hope this helps....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

http://www.powertabs.net/pta.php?page=song,4860

You'll need to download the free powertab editor. This tab is pretty well note for note. Yeah scary accurate. Even th keyboard solos are in there. PTE plays the tabs as midi files.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@smackedbygodsmack)
Topic starter  

i downloaded both but they came out as like real player files so i cant really run them? what did i do wrong

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2