Clear all

Little Fretty or similar practice neck

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@patrick)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I play a 6-string electric, and I'm looking for a practice device...a partial guitar neck...for practicing my left-hand fingering when for example I'm in bed and can't sleep but I don't want to pull out my guitar. Here I've found one called the Little Fretty:

http://www.fretocizer.com/about.htm

But I don't know if it's any good. Anyone use one of these?

I'm also thinking about buying a used guitar neck and shortening it and putting the bridge and strings back on. But I can't imagine bringing myself to cutting an actual guitar neck in half...I don't have the heart to do such a terrible thing...it never did anything to harm me. Or do they sell any full or partial-size real necks like this for practise? It doesn't matter if it's silent. Thanks in advance.

(@undercat)
Prominent Member

This is why we need the search function back: to find possibly the funniest forum conversation ever: 101 things that Little Fretty resembles.

Back to your question, I don't think anyone puts a lot of stock in those little devices of various sorts. I'd recommend just picking up an actual guitar, it's not like it's a huge burden.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

They make Guitars that are small for back packing and such. Martin makes one for about $150.oo, other brands also make them. Just keep a guitar next to the bed :!: I used to take it to the can with me when i was 13 :lol: :lol: :P-the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@bmxdude)
Estimable Member

Looks like a DI<DO

"The answer is practice.
Now, what's the question?"
Words by David Mead.

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

lol, that was the general thought of many in the last thread about this. too bad search is gone.

man does that guy look like hes having a major rock out or what!?

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

i think that guy could make a piece of ham rock

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

The worst part of the last thread was that the link took you to a site where they had listed 101 uses for Little Fretty, and some of them were comedy gold when thought of "improperly". One from that unfortunate series:

Keep him rolled up for those emergency "bathroom moments".

You can't make stuff like this up folks, it's all real.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

That guys name is Willis Whiteside. With a name like that you can probably beat your parents and get away with it. :lol:

Seriously, does not look like it is worth $25. It looks like a dog's plastic chew toy.

You could probably make something just as useful with a old 1x3, electrical wire (for frets), epoxy, some old strings from your guitar and a few nails or such. At least with the real strings you could practice bends, h/o's and p/o's.

Take a pass. If you need something to help you fall asleep get a music theory book and a small book light for bed.

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote