Skip to content
Long As I Can See t...

Notifications
Clear all

Long As I Can See the Light- CCR. Couple of q's.

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hi, guys.

I found a chord sheet for "Long As I Can See the Light" here but I'm having difficulty getting from the B to the E6, because I can't find a playable E6 which would allow me time to get to the B. Could I sub a B7, or would that ruin it? (Vic, this'll probably be your call.)

Thanks,

Shady

Take care,

Casey

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Check out the chords here: http://www.looknohands.com/chordhouse/guitar/index_rb.html

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

You can sub B7 for the B and let your ears decide if it sounds alright.

Or you can sub a straight E for the E6 if that makes it easier for you. Or you can capo on the 2nd fret and play in A instead of B (and use super-easy D6 xx0202 instead of the E6.)

Or you could barre the whole thing, like this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MiGgMRODkw

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Slej beat me to it....
Or you can capo on the 2nd fret and play in A instead of B (and use super-easy D6 xx0202 instead of the E6.)

That's exactly what I do, except I prefer the D6 played xx4232, or 204232 if you can get the thumb over.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Excellent. Thanks, all.

Another question abounds, though. Am I trying to play a song which isn't really a guitar song here? :)

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Well, yes - it does sound suspiciously like a piano to me, but there is a guitar in there, mostly picking rather than strumming. But so what? If you like the song, play it on guitar....I do. It's been a while, though, since I played it - but something's been bugging me all day. Finally hit me. Sixth chords? I really don't remember playing sixths in that song! Or even minor sevenths - and a m7 is just another way of playing the same notes. (For example, C6 - C root, E third, G fifth, A sixth in the scale of C. Put the same notes into the scale of A, and you've got A root, C flattened -or minor - third, E fifth, and G, flattened seventh - which is an Am7 chord.)

I've just had a quick listen to LAICSTL - 'tis almost 4am here! - through headphones while looking at the tab, and my honest advice would be, ignore it! The chords are all over the place, and not very often in the right place, at that! Let me grab a few hours sleep, I'll have a careful listen, and I'll tab it out properly (and I'll stick it in easy songs) for you. No such thing as too much CCR in the Easy Song Database!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Tabbed out, and entered in easy songs.

Vic

ReplyQuote