Skip to content
looking for a brian...

Notifications
Clear all

looking for a brian may type guitar, any advice on brands?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@redspecial79)
Topic starter  

hi,
i am 14, and i am currently playing an acoustic guitar. i want to find an electric that suits my taste. i enjoy the sound of brian may's "red special" guitar. i have heard that the ones made to look like and sound like his arent very good. what guitar do you suggest for that metallic sound?

thanks in advance
Kelly

email me at- [email protected]

tear it up

(@alangreen)

Hiya,

The only real answer about the Red Special copies is to try one for yourself and see. If money is no object, then grab hold of a Vox AC30 amplifier. If money is limited grab hold of a Vox AD30VT (about £150) and dial in an AC30.

I've got to admit, Brian May is one of my heroes. I'd like to try a Red Special copy myself; but there's this very nice clear-lacquered Tele down at my local shop that's just got my name written all over it, and I think I'd have some explaining to do if I bought the Vox right now having gone home last Saturday with a nice new Marshall MG30DFX.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote