Clear all

Luck

11 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

The other night I was out taking a walk (which I do every night) and I saw someone here at the apartments setting up to sell off a bunch of their stuff in the storage building here on property. I went over and asked if she had any musical instruments, as I always do, but she didnt. However, she said it was funny that I mentioned that. She had a box full of instrument cables and other misc stuff in her trunk that her ex-boyfriend had left a while back. She said that if I would haul it away, she'd just give it and anything in it to me.

Contents of the box:

3x 20' guitar cables
3x 10' guitar cables
2x 5' guitar cables
2x 10 ft mic cables
1 boom mic stand (which in its disassembled state just looked like some pieces of pipe and I almost missed it)
1 Sony MDR7506 Professional headphones
several other misc items (including rca to 1/8' cable, rca to 1/4' cable and a couple of misc adapters)

I have to say, I felt pretty lucky after all this. I needed a few more cables, and I know someone else who just added a couple of pedals and needed a cable or two as well. The mic stand was a godsend because I was just kind of propping it up on something when I had to record with it.

None of the stuff was very expensive, but it's more than I need to be spending right now (weddings are so expensive) so it would have been months before I would have gotten some of it. Now I just have to put it all back up after testing so that my fiance doesnt kill me :)

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

(@curious_bob)
Estimable Member

i wish that would happen to me. i could use some cable.

that's some good luck.

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Amazing. :D

So, let's get this straight. You went out and spent some of your wedding savings on a whole bunch of gear, and then invented this elaborate story about how somebody had it all lying in the back of their car and just gave it to you...... :wink:

I wish I had your imagination! Did she buy the story??? :twisted:

Seriously though, what a great score. :D Excellent luck. All the best with your wedding too.

ReplyQuote
(@curious_bob)
Estimable Member

So, let's get this straight. You went out and spent some of your wedding savings on a whole bunch of gear, and then invented this elaborate story about how somebody had it all lying in the back of their car and just gave it to you...... :wink:
"....and then she just GAVE ME all these stuff"

"...."

"ok i'm sorry. i still have the recipts somewhere. :( "

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hey I used that story before :o
Great haul 8)

ReplyQuote
(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member

lucky git!

i pay throught the nose for decent leads and headphones

nice one :p

This signature is a forgery.

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

"....and then she just GAVE ME all these stuff"

"...."

"ok i'm sorry. i still have the recipts somewhere. :( "

I didn't realize how suspect it sounded until I started telling her the story on the phone the other evening.

Her exact words were "I wouldn't normally believe anything like that, but I know where your checkbook is." :)

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I think Chris and Missile are just projecting their guilty consciences on others. :lol:

When I won that Gibson last year, I got some of that flak, too. My friend Billy Crawford said that it was "Guitarma." Sounds like some of y'all may need to work on that. :wink:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Cool score! I keep hoping one day I'll run across a Gibson at a garage sale marked for $50 or something. 'Course, I suppose it would help if I actually went to garage sales. :D

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

lol Chris.

Nice man, seems like a good time for you to play some poker ;)

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@mr_clean001)
Estimable Member

Good catch on the haul. Garage sales always seemed to be such a hassle as a kid - mom and grandma dragging you from one person's pile of crap to another person's pile of crap, but over the past five years I have learned that thrift stores and garage sales may well hold hidden treasures. And, chicks like going....so it's a double bonus. Outdoor flea markets are another potential location as well.

"Practice until you get a guitar welt on your chest...if it makes you
feel good, don't stop until you see the blood from your fingers.
Then you'll know you're on to something!"
- Ted Nugent

ReplyQuote