9 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Could anyone recomend good strap locks?

Thanks

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I use THESE and have never had a problem. There are different types, but the idea is the same.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

I use Dunlop strap locks and have never had one problem.

ReplyQuote
(@curious_bob)
Estimable Member

I have the kind that tracker pointed out. The screw that came with them was too small for my guitar but with a minor job (hopefully) they will work beautifully.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Those that Tracker pointed out look to be Schaller's, which is what I have on my Burn's.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Schaller's are what I use. My friend has used both pretty extensively, and prefer's the Schallers over the Dunlops.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

You could always drill a hole in two picks and use those. I hear it works very well and is virtually free. Personally, I think it would look kinda cool too. I have not tried it yet, as I do most of my playing sitting down.

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

You could always drill a hole in two picks and use those. I hear it works very well and is virtually free. Personally, I think it would look kinda cool too. I have not tried it yet, as I do most of my playing sitting down.

I am trying to picture this but I just don't get it? You mean screw them in on top of the belt?

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Yeah, from what I've seen you drill a hole in the pic the size of your strap button shaft. Unscrew the strap button, put the pick on the shaft, then the strap hole, then screw the whole thing back into the guitar. I've heard Grolsch beer bottle top gaskets work as well. Obviously once they are on they are on, but supposedly work very well.

Just one of those free mods broke musicians have come up with. :D

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

The beer seals work very well - I've used them on a somewhat dodgy leather strap that I bought and they hold pretty well. I'm not sure that they would stand up to a real belting on stage, though.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

I use Schaller. Good German-made product. Tracker's are Schallers marketed under the Fender name but there's fine print on 'em that say Schaller. I just put those exact ones on a friend's bass a month ago.

If you end up getting Dunlops that's cool, too. Just having strap locks makes it more convenient to strap on a guitar and much safer.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Yes they are Schaller's. I kept for getting the name of them till everyone else said it.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

What do you guys think of these kind of strap locks? The reviews seem good...

EDIT

DUH! It would help if I gave the link! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Strap Locks

ReplyQuote
(@drewsdad)
Estimable Member

Has anyone ever tried the cam-action type plastic ones from Stew-Mac?

Life's journey can be hard at times, but you have to realize that you are the only one with the power make it a worthwhile experience.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I ended up buying the Schaller strap locks and they work great but are a PAIN IN THE #%* to get into the strap hole! Especially if you have a higher quality thicker strap...It took me almost 45 minutes to be able to get the nut screwed back on to attach the strap to it. Maybe if I had four hands it would have been easier but then again if I had four hands I'd be one HECK of a guitar player! :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) :lol: 8) 8) :lol:

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2