Skip to content
Media Play Closing....

Notifications
Clear all

Media Play Closing...Instruments Discounted!

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

For those that have a Media Play store near them...they are closing I believe in January and everything in the store is 10-60%. They do carry some guitars such as Squiers, BC Rich, Washburn and they also carry some amps by Line6, Fender, & Vox. Instruments and supplies are currently 10% off but I am assuming as the closing gets nearer that would increase. They had the Squier Starter Pack normally $199 now $179.

The bigger discounts came on the songbooks. They were 40% off. I picked up Blues You Can Use, Blues Guitar Play Along, and The Best Of George Strait: Easy Guitar for $30. That beat Amazon's prices even with NY sales tax!

I'm going back there during Christmas Break to see if they discounted the guitars more.

(@timezone)
Estimable Member

The one near me is closing too... you know if it's all of 'em, or just the ones in NY? I've got tons of certificates left, and figured I would still be able to use them on mediaplay.com, but if they're all closing, I guess I'd better spend 'em while the B&M has everything on sale right? Well, I've already got a LP knockoff, and am putting together a Strat knockoff after Christmas... Maybe I ought to pick up a tele. Or that Squier '51 from the other thread! The songbooks at 40% off is pretty darn good. I picked up a SRV book there for $5 this past weekend.

TZ

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

The one near me is closing too... you know if it's all of 'em, or just the ones in NY? I've got tons of certificates left, and figured I would still be able to use them on mediaplay.com, but if they're all closing, I guess I'd better spend 'em while the B&M has everything on sale right? Well, I've already got a LP knockoff, and am putting together a Strat knockoff after Christmas... Maybe I ought to pick up a tele. Or that Squier '51 from the other thread! The songbooks at 40% off is pretty darn good. I picked up a SRV book there for $5 this past weekend.

TZ

From what I heard on the news all of them are closing. You should ask in your area for sure. The girl that worked there said they weren't making any money...I'll bet places like Walmart is part of the reason.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

It's probably all of them, cause they are closing here in Charlotte, NC. I picked up a Vox AD30VT today for $200, about $40 off what everybody else is asking. I got the last one at my nearest store.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote