Clear all

Messing With The Wife - Happy Times

15 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I was sittin' and playing some gee-tar yesterday morning. I started playing "Thank You" by Led Zeppelin. Based on a couple threads about similarity between songs, I decided to "be funny". I started singing "Can't You See" lyrics to "Thank You". After a "Heyyyyyy, wait a minute", I then did the opposite.

I followed that up with a "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Werewolves Of London" combo, and then "Wild Thing" and "Louis Louis". We had a good laugh, and I was rather looped from the morning meds anyhow, so silliness was ripe for the plucking, so to speak.

Sometimes when I'm playing, she will say something relating to whatever she's doing or whatever's happening and turn it into a Blues song on the fly. For example, the "I slept wrong and now my hip's been hurting all day long Blues".

Oh well, what's the point of it all if you can't have some fun now and then? :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Yep, gotta have some fun once in awhile. :D You should record those blues songs you & your wife make up on the fly. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

meds can be fun. just stay behind the guitar and not the car.
we must have the same funny bone, because I enjoy mixing and matching songs.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Awe Roy, you have to get more serious about your music ............................................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

.....just stay behind the guitar and not the car.

A big 10-4 on that one.
Awe Roy, you have to get more serious about your music

Can't. Everytime I'm serious, she, our son and one of the dogs think they're in trouble. :lol: :lol:

Oh, speaking of trouble. I was just kind of noodling last week when one of my younger neighbors comes over and started spilling the beans about some legal woes. As he was talking and going deeper and deeper into his troubles, which includes some jail time, I started playing "Folsom Prison Blues" followed by "The Midnight Special". My poor wife could not keep a straight face. It went over his head, but she knew. :lol: :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Thats a hoot. I could get into trouble if I had a guitar at work. :shock: Lots of songs come to mind there. (Que Ricochets "Another one bites the dust" story)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Oh yeah, that's great!

Couple of days ago I was in the Kroger searching fruitlessly for something. The Muzak started playing "I still haven't found what I'm looking for."

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Sounds like your mastery of the guitar isn't coming up short just due to meds, Roy.

I'm glad you are making good of your situation!

Music is a form or remedy, I've found!

WTG!! :twisted:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like your mastery of the guitar isn't coming up short just due to meds, Roy.
Now there's an ambiguous sentence. :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I don't think that was a compliment!..HA

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Sort of reminds me of a blind date I once had. My daddy told me to say something nice to her or compliment her in some way. The only thing I could think of and said was "You don't sweat much for a fat girl." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roy

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

RP,

Now I can't stop laughing

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Uh....did that come out wrong? :shock:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Uh....did that come out wrong? :shock:

Funny. That's what she said. :lol: :lol:

Roy

ReplyQuote