Metronome confusion

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@mimifox)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

hey :)

i normally use this free online metronome and i've never head any problems with it, but the other day, i couldnt be bothered turning on the computer when i came home from school so i used this little boss metronome/tuner which clicks on the downbeat and a clicks at a different pitch on the upbeat. it kinda confused me when i started playing since the upbeat sounds delayed like maybe a sixteenth note after a dotted eighth or somthing, so when i play eighth notes it doesnt really sound like an equal division of the time. i was wondering if you guys knew what was up with that.. am i just getting confused by the different pitch on the upbeats? or is there maybe somthing i'm doing wrong when i play to the clicks, i'm really stumped and i'd appreciate your suggestions :)

thanks

Mimi

(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

If you give the model number of the metronome, I can research it to see if it is doing something "advanced," but I doubt it. Have you changed the battery?

ReplyQuote
(@mimifox)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

havent changed the batteries for a while, couple months? it's a boss tu-80, thanks :)

Mimi

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

I don't have this metronome, but I checked out the description and video on Musician's Friend. I noticed that there are 7 rhythms & 10 beats - so, it is very possible that you have it set to a beat that is not a simple eighth notes. Check the operating instructions and see if you have it set incorrectly - and how to change it.

Hope that works for you!

Here is the website:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-TU80-Guitar-Tuner-Metronome?sku=213014&src ="3WFRWXX"

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

since the upbeat sounds delayed like maybe a sixteenth note after a dotted eighth or somthing

Sounds like a shuffle or swing time. 8) I bet its a preset.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote