Clear all

metronome mixer setup

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

This may belong in the amps or recording section, so apologies if this is the wrong spot.

I'm moving to an apt with roommates soon, and need to figureout a way to get my amp sound into headphones with a clicktrack/metronome in the mix. Does anyone know a real simple way to do this. I won't be recording anything, I just need a way to monitor with zero latency. Is there a tiny mixer or something out there I could use?

Thanks,
Matt

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Doesn't your amp have a aux-in or something? If not you could just grab either a small mixerboard or simple line-mixer box.

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Well, i'm currently ampless, but that will change soon. If my amp does end up having an aux in, I just run the metronome signal into the aux-in and I will be able to hear the click in my headphones?

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Yes, the aux-in allows you to put in any kind of device with line-level signals. Metronomes, I-pods, your pc etc. That will be mixed with the sound of the amp's main input and then taken to either the speakers or the phones-out. Check out the V-amp2, should go used for $60 or so and is exactly what you'd need for such situations. Remember many phones-out of amps, espescially cheaper amps, tend to sound very buzzy and fuzzy.

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

thanks, I'll give it a shot :)

ReplyQuote