Clear all

Minor Blues

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rip-this-joint)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Whenever I'm jamming with this one dude, he always insists on playing minor blues. I dislike it. I'm not exactly sure which chords should be played, and you just can't that that minor scale over major chord effect. Anyway, I was wondering which chords are used in minor blues, say in Bm? Thanks for your time

(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

If hes using the blues scale: Minors, Minor 7ths, Minor 9ths, Dominant 7ths and Dominant 9th chords.

If hes using the minor pentatonic scale: Minors, Minor 7ths and Dominant 7th chords.

Thats about all the chords you can use in the minor blues.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Whether Major or minor you are going to use a basic I, IV, V progression. So, if Bm is your I, then Em would be your IV, and F# or F#7 depending on sound you want would be your V chord. Some songs might use F#m or F#7m as the V chord.

So basic progression would go like this:
Bm for 4 bars, Em for 2 bars, Bm for 2 bars, F# or F#7 for 2 bars and Em for 2 bars

Hope that helps

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote