Clear all

MP3 Player with Slowdown?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@dzieger)
Topic starter  

Greetings -

I have a question that I hope someone here can answer...I'm having a hard time finding what I'm looking for on the web.

I'm trying to find a portable MP3 player that can slow down the file being played without changing the pitch, similar to using WinAmp with the Pacemaker plugin, or the Tascam guitar trainer. My plan is to be able to play along with a song by plugging the thing into my amp, and slowing down the music as necessary.

There is one model by Creative Labs that seems to say it does what I need - the Jukebox Zen Xtra - but it may be discontinued. There are also a couple models from iRiver that have a slowdown feature, but it is not well documented.

So, does anyone out there have any experience with any of these devices, or any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

(@timezone)
Estimable Member

Don't know of any off the top of my head... If it's a hard to find feature (and it sounds like it is), you may want to try making multiple copies of the song at different tempos (convert the mp3 to wave, and use audacity to slow it down, saving one wave per tempo, then convert them back to mp3) and throwing them all on the device. You'll only get as many different tempos as you create this way, but it should work.
TZ

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

Try BestPractice at:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~mp2004/bp/

Allows slow down and speed up of mp3's CD's etc.

Works great and it is free :!:

BS 8)

ReplyQuote
(@dzieger)
Topic starter  

Don't know of any off the top of my head... If it's a hard to find feature (and it sounds like it is), you may want to try making multiple copies of the song at different tempos (convert the mp3 to wave, and use audacity to slow it down, saving one wave per tempo, then convert them back to mp3) and throwing them all on the device. You'll only get as many different tempos as you create this way, but it should work.
TZ

That's a good idea....I didn't think of that before. It would be nice to have the slowdown built in, but this is a decent workaround.

Thanks,

Dave

ReplyQuote