Clear all

Music Festival for my Cousin

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Yesterday I played guitar for my cousin, at the Kiwanis Music Festival. It's a yearly music fesitval in Newfoundland, this was the 36th year. Anyway, my cousin, Erin, has been in this since she was in grade 4 or so, and were graduating this year.

We were in the folk song catergory(she was in 4 or 5 ones, but just one with me.) We performed Red is the Rose. She's been in the folk catergory, for only 3 or 4 years, but had yet to place, despite being a very talented, and decorated singer. She always places in her other classes, (she does really good ballads, breathtaking covers of Norah Jones, Eva Cassidy, and so on.)

She ended up getting 2nd place in the group, with a mark of 85, losing out only to one of her really good friends, who got an 87. Needless to say, I was very proud, and happy that I could help her place, seeing as how it is her last year in the festival. We've performed together all the time for the past three years, and it was so great to see her place with the folk song.

I just figured I'd let you guys know, because I'm very proud, and that everybody likes to hear a nice, happy story everyonce in a while.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.