Clear all

My acoustic wont work plugged in...???

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@schecter)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I just got an Ibanez acoustic electric guitar for xmas, used thogh, and it will not work when i plug it into my amp. I had it working for about 10 seconds, but then i went to go get a paperclip to wedge the battery down cause the plastic door is missing, and when i did that i accidentally put the 9v battery in backwards. I realized it quickly but when i flipped it around so it would be in correctly, it says low battery and no sound will come through to the amp. I tried other brand new batteries but all of them make the "low batt" light come on, and i havent been able to get it working since. Im really confused, so maybe some of yall have some usefull input, perhaps there is a way to reset it?

"I’m one of those lucky beginners who never actually makes a mistake." - Chris_C

(@terminator)
Reputable Member

I don't want to make you feel bad, but looks like you've burned that pre-amp! This might not be entirely definate, but its must likely. Another thing you could do is maybe clean the piont where the batt. touches those contacts(the contacts bacically)! These are just my 10 pence though. Thnks for listening and merry X-mas!!!

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

ReplyQuote
(@schecter)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

that blows, how much would a new one run me? is this a good oportunity to upgrade?

"I’m one of those lucky beginners who never actually makes a mistake." - Chris_C

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Sorry to hear that. :cry:

What model is your Ibanez??

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@schecter)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

its an AEF18-TVS, purple burst spruce top with mohagany back and sides

ReplyQuote
(@terminator)
Reputable Member

Back here in England a good preamp and a piezo pup costs around £150.
Thats bout $230.and you'd need to look around for the same model so it fits the hole of the old one. Truly sorry to hear boyt that!

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I went to Ibanez, you can find replacement parts under Support. I hope this is the right page. Click on "AE series" in the upper left, then "AEF18" on the next page.

Ibanez Acoustic Guitar Parts

I would write an e-mail to Ibanez. Explain your problem. Perhaps they can tell you what is wrong. You could also find a price on a replacement part if necessary, and find out if you can order direct from them or a dealer in your area.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote