Skip to content

Forum

Notifications
Clear all

My Epi SG Is Back

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I just picked up my EPI SG from the guitar shop yesterday. I bought this SG a year ago at my favorite store's going out of business sale for a decent discount. It's always played nice, but the bite I was looking for wasn't there. I knew it when I bought it. So, I finally got up off my butt and got a couple of SD P.Us installed. 59-neck, Duncan Distortion-bridge.

Me really likey the neck. Great screamer.

Jury still out on the bridge. Better than what I had, but I have not found it's niche yet. I only had limited time to mess with it last night. I'm pretty sure that it will good for the 'ol power chord though.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

(@shredhed)
Eminent Member

Yeah, that pickup really is nice. I've got it on my X50. It's on my neck though. I've been thinking of swapping. I think they're the same on Zakk Wyldes... I might be wrong....

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Better than what I had, but I have not found it's niche yet.

Nicely put. :D That's the trick - finding the "niche" where the fingers/amp/pickup/music style combination all comes together nicely. 8) I put an SD bridge p/up on my Yamaha strat copy and it really lifted the sound in a very noticeable and positive way. But because I'm not yet a very organised or consistent player, some days it sounds really excellent, and on others my playing just isn't really right for the characteristics of that pickup....

I'm thinking of trying some some Gibson pickups on one of my Epi Sgs. But before I do the swap, I want to get a few more things really nailed on the guitar as it now is, so that I can evaluate the difference more accurately.

Enjoy your 'new' guitar. Whatever the end result it should provide a lot of fun testing out all the new possibilities. 8)

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote