Clear all

My First Guitar - Pics

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@will342)
Topic starter  

Hey all,

A couple of you were wondering in the beginner forums about my guitar, so I thought I'd post a couple pics :D. It's a Tanglewood TW28-SN.

I picked it up brand new with a soft case for $210 CAD at my local guitar store, I thought it was a pretty good deal. Tell me what you think!

Also, could someone explain what a multiple celluloid bound, tapped body means? The guy at the store said this was a solid top guitar, I just wanna be sure, how can you tell?

Will

(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Nice Guitar!

I was right about the tuning keys, they remind me of the ones on Hagstroms. I think we have the same chair, or very similar at least.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

It looks really nice. I love those tuners, very art-deco. I'd suggest getting a cheap guitar stand, so it isn't leaning against a desk or wall. can you give us a better picture of the strings at the tuning pegs? I just want to see if your strings are wound correctly on the pegs. If the strings overlap each other, then there could easily be tuning slippage. Congrats on trying to learn The Beatles!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@derecola)
Trusted Member

Real nice box,and i would not mind getting that Beatles book.

ReplyQuote
(@hawkfoggy)
Estimable Member

awsome guitar!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

"I'm as free as a bird now. And this bird you can not change" Free Bird, By: Lynyrd Skynyrd
GIT SNAKE BIT!!!
stay safe

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

A great guitar to start with and i am sure intermediate players will love playing it too.

Now you have to do the learning part.Best of luck :D

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Good looking acoustic.

Well if he said its a solid top then thats good, that means the top piece is cut out of one piece of wood. The other option is laminated, which is more like plywould. Solid top's have a much higher quality sound. The top is the most important piece when it comes to sound.

About the sides, someone else is gonna have to help you there.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

http://www.themusicgallery.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=TW28SN

It doesn't say there that it's a solid top, which usually means it isn't. I'll see if I can find out anything else.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

Maybe its not solid spruce after all...

Here's the Tanglewood site - http://www.tanglewoodguitars.co.uk/products/stockDetails.asp?cID=446&sID=1767&view=search

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote