my new amp

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 Kyle
(@kyle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I was searching for a gigging tube amp with alot of tonal versatility. I needed a clean channel angel, coupled with a hi gain monster. I also wanted something that wasnt too heavey. I really liked the Rivera Quiena. I walked into guitar center and talked to my favorite salesman(Matt) and he told me that he had sold their only Rivera day before, but he also introduced me too a used crate blue voodoo 120 watt al tube head. It wasn't as good sounding as the Rivera, but here's the kicker....250 dollars for the head. I'll repeat that, because it bears repeating. I purchased an all tube barely used head with the versatilty I was looking for for 250 dollars. I got a crate cab(cant remember the model) and a yamaha pacifica all for just under 400 dollars. Although the pacifica needs to be set up, and the head is really heavy, I absoelutely love this amp. It responsds very well to dynamics and the gain is over the top awsome. I dont think ill buy another amp as long as i live. Just thought id let everyone know.

The meaning of life? I've never heard a simpler question! Music.

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

8)

Have fun with your new gear!

ReplyQuote
(@audioslaveaddict)
Estimable Member

:D Happy picking!

Gun control is using both hands!!!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Congratulations!

How can you not like something called Voodoo? :D

Now get a good attenuator so you can crank that baby!

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Man, you got a great deal! That Blue Voodoo is a nice amp! Too loud for me, though.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

congrats man :) have fun

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote