Clear all

My New beauty! Whee!

20 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@undercat)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Be honest, are you a physics professor by day? And if not, where can I find information on that level?

Thanks for the great explanation.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

About the C30: In the back of mine, I noticed that there's a piece of leather over a 2x4 that seems to be secured inside the bottom of the amp. It's close to the back edge, but the 2x4 isn't securely mounted, I can easily move it around underneath the leather.

I was considering cutting it open and finding out what the deal was, but I figured I'd ask ya'll before I did something I would regret later.

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

About the C30: In the back of mine, I noticed that there's a piece of leather over a 2x4 that seems to be secured inside the bottom of the amp. It's close to the back edge, but the 2x4 isn't securely mounted, I can easily move it around underneath the leather.

I was considering cutting it open and finding out what the deal was, but I figured I'd ask ya'll before I did something I would regret later.

That's no 2x4, that's your reverb unit! The leather is to hold it in the bottom of the amp.

BTW, Peavey has the manual for the Classic 30 online at:
http://www.peavey.com/support/searchmanuals/results.cfm?searchstring=classic%2030

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

D'oh! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reverb unit eh... I guess I just figured that was in the amp area like everything else.... aye.

Thanks for the heads up!

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Reverb unit eh... I guess I just figured that was in the amp area like everything else.... aye.

Reverbs need to be spaced away from the wires carrying power currents, near the tubes and near the speaker, thus set on the bottom of the cabinet. I don't think I like the part about it not being mounted solidly. I'd find a way to make it more stable.

And yes, gnease is a genious masquerading as a normal person who occassionally plays guitar. You should hear him play...

-Laz

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2