My new Fender Telecaster (& Pics)

60 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
10.9 K Views
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

So - I went out this afternoon, armed with a full wallet, and a shopping list. The one thing I couldn't find was another Squier Tele - I was looking for the Squier Custom II with the P90's - and I saw the most BEAUTIFUL Fender Telecaster - white, with P90's - and I knew I had to have it. So I did.

My god, the neck is sooooooooooooo smoooooooooooth......makes all the other guitars I've played look like babies toys. It's a REAL, serious, rock'n'roll guitar. I tried it with a Vox ADV 30T amp - sounded good. Tried it with a Cube 30 - sounded Incredible!!!! - So I plumped for the Cube - and now I'm off upstairs to give them a SERIOUS workout.....

I also bought - LOTS of strings - at least enough to last me till Xmas - a soundhole p/u for my acoustic, a couple more harmonicas - alreadt had A C and D, now I've got E and G as well. Covers most bases, I think.

OK I'm off to play with the new toys......toys? Nah, these aren't toys - these are rock'n'roll!!!!!

Oh and I spent a lot more than I intended - and Marilyn's close to throwing a wobbly - I've consoled her withthe thought, "I'll never need another guitar!"

I think........

Photos to follow......

Happy bunny ----- Vic!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Vic,

You sneaky dog you...sounds like you won't be posting for awhile with all the new toys around..I'm not sure I beleive you that this is the last guitar you'll ever buy...

Well enjoy!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

"I'll never need another guitar!"
Yes, I'm pretty sure! :lol:

Photos! Photos! Photos! :D

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Vic,

You sneaky dog you...sounds like you won't be posting for awhile with all the new toys around..I'm not sure I beleive you that this is the last guitar you'll ever buy...

Well enjoy!

Believe me Chris, the Mrs said, " so you've go the guitar of your dreams?" - yes, Marilyn. "And am I right in thinking that you won't be spending any more money on guitars for a while?....yes, Marilyn. And so the conversation went.....

OK, I spent £200 MORE than I budgeted for on the Tele - but it was worth it. The only downside is, now I have to buy paint and paper and re-decorate four rooms......

Oh but the TONE from this Tele- man, it was it worth all the flak I'm going to take. Utterly, utterly BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm in heaven!

Going to play guitar now - wake me from my reverie about, oh, Tuesday, maybe Wednesday......

:D :D :D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I figured there would be a catch but hey what's alittle painting and wallpapering when you have a new toy.

Last one though..that might be a tough one.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

....you won't be spending any more money on guitars for a while?

She blew it. "For a while" is a relative term. The door is already open for the HRD amp to go with it. :lol:

Congrats! Sounds like you'll really enjoy it.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Cool man, how about some soundbites? P90s rock!

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Vic that GAS has got you bad mate.

I diagnose that it's possibly terminal "Goodness Gracious Me"

I perscribe large doses of wallpaper paste, emulsion paint and sandpaper to be taken in B&Q first thing in the morning and also to be administered at home last thing at night after guitar practice washed down with vast quanties of Liverpudlian ale. This may effect a cure but you will have occaisional relapses.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

Vic. you got an American series tele? not the standard or teh Mex. Japanese makes?
whoa. you done good. the comment about the neck is so perfect, as I have the same experience with my American Fenders.
one thing I noticed about good telecasters is that they have incredible sustain and tone unplugged. did you noticed that?
no wonder they are so awesome when amplified. so twang man. I am happy for you.
now we should collaborate on a Buck Owens number. yeehaw!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Oh you Dog you. :P :P :P :P

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

And i was thinking of picking up some new toys myself this weekend, now i have an excuse. i need to bookmark this thread so i can show the wife what Vic got.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

And i was thinking of picking up some new toys myself this weekend, now i have an excuse. i need to bookmark this thread so i can show the wife what Vic got.

You got my permission, Lefty. Oh and yes - it's a MIM. But who cares about trivia? It felt so good and sounded so good I just HAD to have it. Now I've got to sweet-talk the Squier Tele round to being a big sister/mentor.......

OK that's enough talk - back to the Tele. Bye for now.

:D :D :D

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I've got a MIM. Love it. Never had it in standard tuning though. Even when I test drove it, I tuned it to G. :lol:

Replaced the neck pickup with one of those single-coil sized humbuckers and have been doing my best to ruin Stones' songs since.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

glad your happy. Fender telecasters really are the BEST no matter where they're made.

ReplyQuote
(@ness-k)
Estimable Member

yeah, telecasters are pretty good

"The Beauty of Music is my Sanity. Without it, I would simply lose my gravity, and blow away with the breeze." - Ness K(Aka Matt Harris)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4