39 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Vic, finally it was a Stratocaster. :D

Once I did read this: Strats are like cats, check out enough of them and sooner or later one will adopt you. I think it describes my quest. I played a lot of Fender guitars (I knew I wanted a Fender thanks to this Vic's post).

Probably some of you remember the Richie Kotzen affair. I met the Teles at that moment. I also played Standards (American and Mexican) and several signature, customize or whatever Teles... but I was looking for a Strat sound.

Fortunately Ken (CitiZenNoir) gave me a list of alternatives to the Kotzen signature Tele. He put me on the path to my future new purchase. Ken, one more time, thank you very much! :D

To buy a new guitar is always a funny thing if the salesman is enoughly patience with you. I was lucky. And the salesman is one of the more kind persons I know. He taught me a lot. Again, I played all the Strats available (and recommended): from standards (American, Mexican, Highway 1) to the deluxes, classics or signatures as the the Eric Johnson one.

Finally I decided on the Classic Player '50s. The specs are in the Fender web. Basically it is a Strat designed by the Custom Shop and made at the Mexican factory. I like the components selected for this guitar. I love the v-shape neck. The smoothness of its glossy finish. The vibrations through my arm. The color and color combinations. The tuning machines. The bridge. The almost infinte tones (for a Strat). And the unconventional 4th position: neck+bridge (does it sounds like a Tele?). First, I prefered a conventional sound but now it is one of my favorites. (Thanks Dali for the advice on re-wiring. :D What did you do?)

Since it adopted to me (a week ago) I don't play another guitar (just Martina for maintenance reasons, I like to play some minutes every day). I don't think on another guitar.

Now I understood better the Vic and Ken's posts on their own guitars.
Thanks again.

Ok, I know the rules. Here are the pics. This time it was easy think about a name for it.

See you soon.
I'll keep reading.

(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Woo hoo! Nuno's in love!
Congrats!
:)

Don

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Wow Nuno, I'm happy for you - classic cool guitar! congrats and play it hard! :D

Some sound clips maybe? :roll:

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

That sure is a beauty. Congrats!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

Congrats, Nuno! She's a beauty! :D

I love that you took your time and played nearly every Fender you could get your hands on that interested you. I try to do the same, but the salespeople aren't always as helpful or patient as yours was! Good for you! And I'm with ya on the whole Fender thing; I love 'em! I love my other guitars, but I've decided that I'm a Fender gal.

Also, I love the look of the maple fretboard. I really want a Tele (the Baja, I'm pretty sure) with one, but I'm so used to rosewood. I get "stuck" on the lacquered maple, but I hear you get used to it in time. Also, the "V" neck (which your new baby also has) is different for me. My hands are small (even for a woman), but I've decided I can adapt to any Fender I want (almost)! :evil:

Anyway, Nuno, you sound very happy and I am extremely happy for you! Enjoy! :D

Take care,
CC

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Very nice, indeed! :)

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Boxboy - LMAO! :lol:

Lars - You will get your sound clips ASAP. :D

Roy - Thanks! :D

Katmetal - Thanks! :D

Musica - The Baja was my selection for a weekend. Great guitar. I bought several CDs of Tele players -all genres- for hearing the kind of sound I will get. The Baja isn't a normal Tele but the Tele "sound" is very specific (Ok, each guitar has its own and specific sound) and I was looking for the Strat sound.

I didn't mention it but I also was looking for changing the pups in my Les Paul as alternative to the purchase of a new guitar. I have selected a small subset of pups for the future. It was very funny. The salesman asked to me for LP players. I only remembered Strat players! I took it as a signal from the destiny. :wink:

I got also stuck on the neck when I played at the store (there is a lot of lights there, it was out of my "environment"... I was in love... It was the first time... I was nervous, you know... ). At home I don't get stuck anymore. The necks of my other active guitars are rosewood, too. I was also considering the Classic Player '60s for this reason. BTW great guitar as well.

I was reading on the v-neck. As all in this life some people love them, some people hate them. I think the Baja and the CP '50s have the very similar necks. I'm more or less tall but my hands are not too bigs. I'm not sure if the v-neck is not indicated for small hands. It's different. And, of course, it isn't like my Spanish guitar!

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

Nuno wrote:
The salesman asked to me for LP players. I only remembered Strat players! I took it as a signal from the destiny. :wink:

:lol: And who wouldn't??? I received a catalog just today from GC which shows a guitar I've only dreamed about for almost half the usual price (down from $1600 to $1000). Also, they offer their credit card with no payments or interest until 2009. I see this as my destiny. I'm afraid my husband will see it as grounds for divorce if/when I bring it up. :shock: Please wish me luck!
Nuno also wrote:
I got also stuck on the neck when I played at the store (there is a lot of lights there, it was out of my "environment"... I was in love... It was the first time... I was nervous, you know... ). At home I don't get stuck anymore.

Of course! I never play well in a store. I'm always too nervous! It's encouraging to hear that you've adapted to the maple already. Thanks for taking the time to tell me your experience! After all, you're a man with a new love. Your time is now very precious. :wink: Have fun and take care, Nuno! :D

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Congrats Nuno! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

it was a Stratocaster. :D

Wow!
I'm smiling SOOOOO much right now - I feel like the proud Dada :D

I'm VERY happy for you Nuno!

That is a BEAUTIFUL guitar (I mean Stratocaster!)

Bet it sounds GREAT through that Fender Champ!

Speaking of which.... Clapton played a 56 2 color burst Strat through a 5 watt 50's Champ amp all thru the Layla album....
That would be My vote for the name! (or as Clapton says - Lay-ler 8) )

I must say that I'm just amazed at how SHINY EVERYTHING is!
I'm so used to my Strats - Dull & Rusty :mrgreen:

Glad you made your dream come true.
Have a great time with it :wink:
Can't wait to hear it.

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Who's Richie Kotzen?
Some days ago, somebody says Guitar Player is a bad magazine but I think sometimes you can read interesting things. Peejay found this article. It is called Who The Hell Is Richie Kotzen?.

And the Fender Telecaster Richie Kotzen signature model is this guitar. It is a Japanese model. Around 1400€.

BTW, the tobacco color guitar (it was I played) was sold two weeks ago to a studio musician. He was playing the best guitars in the store (in the range of more than 2000€) but he fell in love with this one. We was speaking about it. It was a very funny discussion. Currently the store is bringing a light green guitar.
Congrats Nuno! 8)
Thanks Dan! :D
Speaking of which.... Clapton played a 56 2 color burst Strat through a 5 watt 50's Champ amp all thru the Layla album....
That would be My vote for the name! (or as Clapton says - Lay-ler 8) )
And it will be the name. And you will be the godfather. If you wish, of course!

You are great, Ken. I always learn something with your post. I've read dozens of Clapton biographies and interviews. I know about Brownie and Layla album but not about the amp. Now I know why I like the amp, too.

Thanks! :D

ReplyQuote
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

I loves me some Fender 8)

http://www.soundclick.com/kensacco
http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

you have the coolest guitar in Spain.

sounds like you too have 'discovered' the great things about a nice strat..
feeling it's vibration is very true. I think it is inspiring; it wants you to play more.
your strat has great sustain. that cool neck is great for bends and vibratos.
my favorite switch setting is #4. it is the one that turns the bridge and middle pickup on.
it DOES has a tele tone. for me, it has that electric guitar Ry Cooder sound.
I call that setting my 'Cooder switch' .
I love your sunbrust and MAPLE neck. strats have to have maple necks. IMO.
they just look so great. and the maple will wear and age to a most excellent patina.
ole nuno.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

It is a nice looking Strat!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Hmmm I like it!

I think white strats are prettier but my judgment has no doubt been influenced by my love for Hendrix.

Play the hell out of that guitar!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3