Clear all

My new Fender... (with sound clips)

39 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Position 4 - 3'28" - Bridge + Neck (unconventional, as you know usually it is Bridge + Neck).

The guitar is much better than it sounds. My fingers are my fingers! :(

Thanks Nuno!

Typo? Ususally it is Middle + Neck ? Or?

But doesnt it come with a new set of fingers included - for that price - it is outrageous :lol:

lars
OT: cool to see you have been more places in Norway than I have :wink:

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Typo? Ususally it is Middle + Neck ? Or?
Yes, it is! Sorry!

Fixed! 8)
OT: cool to see you have been more places in Norway than I have :wink:
:lol:

It is a loooong story. BTW, have you decided what will you do?

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

Sounds great, Nuno! Thanks for the clips! :D

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

It sound's even sweeter :D. Have fun with it and play it one time for me 8)

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

yep. that is a strat. it sounds very good. well done.
I love strats because of the weight, the flexibility, the various tones and the lowest action with out buzz in the whole world.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Sounds amazing Nuno! That BYCU phrase is sounding great too (must be the guitar, uh, maybe not ).
I liked every pickup setting, which I can't say about many guitars.
Happy playing!
:)

Don

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Sounds great, Nuno! Thanks for the clips! :D
Thank you very much! :D

It sound's even sweeter :D. Have fun with it and play it one time for me 8)
I'll do it! :lol:
Thanks!

yep. that is a strat. it sounds very good. well done.
I love strats because of the weight, the flexibility, the various tones and the lowest action with out buzz in the whole world.
Yes, it is! Thanks Dogbite! :D

Sounds amazing Nuno! That BYCU phrase is sounding great too (must be the guitar, uh, maybe not ).
Yes, it is, it is! It is the guitar! You should hear me with another guitar! :lol:

When I bought I had a doubt because I prefered a "conventional" Strat. I compare the sounds with other Strats and, although the normal middle+neck sounds very well, this bridge+neck sounds better (IMHO) or at least much more different to the neck position.

Now, I have to learn how to play it! :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Now, I have to learn how to play it!

Sounds like you're getting there to me!

Now you've got to try experimenting with different amp settings....I don't know what kind of amp you have, but so far you've only played the clean channel - try it with various levels of distortion, see what kind of different sounds you can get.

With the tele I've got a really cool Santanaesque sound - plenty of gain, with the neck p/u. You'd think you'd need an LP to get that kind of tone? No. Also, with the same setting, it's fairly easy to get a Slash "Sweet Child Of Mine" tone. With the bridge p/u or middle setting, it's fairly easy to get a Stones-type Brown Sugar/Start Me Up tone. Oh and yes, the typical Status Quo tone is there too!

I'm not done through experimenting yet by a long way....but it seems the possibilities are almost limitless. With a Strat, with five possible p/u combinations instead of three, you should have even more options. Happy experimenting!

(There is a down side to using a modeling Amp - Cube 30 in my case - you either have to remember all the settings you're using, or remember to write them down!)

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Vic! :D

I have two amps, the small Fender Champion 5w and a Marshall 15w. The Champion is tube so I get really a nice classic blues tone with it. I think my quest tone finished with this amp and this guitar. I really like that tone.

The Marshall is a SS and it has two channels (clean/overdrive) and a built-in reverb, delay, chorus and flanger. It sounds much better with the Strat than the LP. Definitely I have to change those pick ups. I like to play the solo of Europa trying to imitate the Santana's tone.

I also have a Zoom G2.1u but I didn't check it the Strat with it. It has several overdrive emulators (from Boss OD-1 to hard distortion pedals). The boost effect is also very funny, it changes the dynamics and adds some "dirty" tone. The GarageBand also allows to add distortion over each recorded track and it has some presets for emulating classic amps.

I like to play clean or with a little bit of overdrive. I prefer the "natural overdrive" of my tube amp and how the guitar "push" (?) the amp with you play a double stop, for example. When I was selecting the amp and also the guitar, it was one of the test I did. Probably I need to learn how to play with high overdrive/distortion.

It is waiting a lot of experimenting and fun!

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3