Clear all

my new Ibby

20 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@bfloyd6969)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Just picked this up used and in mint condition:) Plays and sounds great!!

Love this guitar!

Why do we have to get old...

(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats! She's a beauty. I love that burst pick guard. What exactly is that guitar? Forgive my eye-sight. I'm pretty sure the name is on the head stock right above the Ibanez logo, but I can't make it out.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Ah yes...The good old Ibanez Prestige. Nothing screams metal like that one; is it an 80's model? Definantly a higher quality guitar, I wouldn't mind owning one myself. Great find!

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very nice! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Great axe! Yes, I've heard from friends in Ohio (and rumors from the "Thirsty Ear") that thing's have been a little louder there lately! Was that you? :lol:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@bfloyd6969)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the replies everyone. It's a newer 2008 model (which probably explains the used mint condition). As mentioned by another it is a Prestige, RG2550Z model. The pickguard actually isn't sunburst (bad photo, sorry), it's a brushed black/chrome look.

ReplyQuote
(@bfloyd6969)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Great axe! Yes, I've heard from friends in Ohio (and rumors from the "Thirsty Ear") that thing's have been a little louder there lately! Was that you? :lol:

LOL! Things are still pretty quiet 'round these corn fields... :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

LOL! Things are still pretty quiet 'round these corn fields... :lol:

That's cool. Well you still have your new Prestige to enjoy, plenty o' fresh buckeyes & corn, and... even more beautiful deer on your doorstep. That would be allright with me. :D

Like a bird on the wire,

ReplyQuote
(@bfloyd6969)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

That's cool. Well you still have your new Prestige to enjoy, plenty o' fresh buckeyes & corn, and... even more beautiful deer on your doorstep. That would be allright with me. :D

Sounds like you've been around these parts of the States...

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Sounds like you've been around these parts of the States...

Aaahhh yes, bee-ootiful! First the guitar topic: Columbus guitar show, renowned Blues club "The Thirsty Ear" and just about every other hotel with a band :lol: , and a few outdoor live gigs, following regional Blues favorites Scotty Bratcher http://www.scottybratcher.com/ , and Noah Wotherspoon http://www.myspace.com/noahtcb and I forget the other names. My friends hung around with Walter Trout, and searched for Eric Clapton but I never got the chance...

... but I took my girls to the Zoo, and all over the countryside, we saw Wendy's HQ, deer, Honda factories, deer, baseball games, deer, castles, malls and miles of fascinating underground caverns. And did I mention, deer, everywhere?

Back to guitars, I jammed alot, bought my buddy an amp - WOW we played tons of 'em with guitars at the many Guitar Centers and Sam Ash Stores, built a few guitars for my friends, and Scotty, Noah and several other bands... oh yes, Anthony Gomes too, were good enough to play them live before audiences and give their opinions. 8)

I bought a small number of guitars, my Blues Junior amp and a vintage Moog synthesizer for my son. We got it serviced & working by some dude that tech'ed for Emerson Lake & Palmer, but then my son and I rebuilt it anyway, and sent it to some other dude who is making the Moog Movie in California. :roll:

It was all good, except for not tracking down EC in Dublin. The weather was near 101 degrees hot, like the tropics? :shock:

Like a bird on the wire,

ReplyQuote
(@bfloyd6969)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

^^ Great stories. Can I ask which castles you visited? I live just a few minutes from the Piat Castles if those were them...

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Yes, both Piatt Castles between Bellefontaine and West Liberty. :D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piatt_Castles

Then we toured the Ohio Caverns, and visited with a friendly Alpaca farmer. http://www.alpacasofohio.com/

Sometime there, I played a Strat so loud through a Line 6 in West Liberty that it brought the Police to listen! :lol:

No problems, just turned it up so they could hear everything for a mile, and know we weren't up to anything?! :shock:

One of my friend is in the LPZ family, http://oh.serviceslisted.com/725517-LPZConstructionCOInc.htm and another works at Skyline Chili!

The rest, and there's many, do their best to keep the Bowling Alley in business during Happy Hour each and every day. :D

We ducked into this mall, drenched from avoiding tornadoes, and were sittin' on top of the world, maybe the Polaris Fashion Place? We like to mix it up a lot and get into things, feeding the animals in the zoo too, humid & dirty as it gets.

Like a bird on the wire,

ReplyQuote
(@bfloyd6969)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Ha ha, small world - I live in West Liberty :) Skyline Chili just closed down a couple months back but the bowling alley in Bellefontaine is still happy as ever during happy hour!!

ReplyQuote
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member

that is a great looking guitar!

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Congrats on the new axe.

That is very nice!

Bish