Clear all

my new Ibby

20 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

Looks like nice new toy! :D

So, what are the extra knobs on the back for? Locking the tremolo and setting tension? Something else?

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
(@bfloyd6969)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks everyone.

@ Hyperborea - There is a thumb screw on the back that very nicely adjusts the level of the trem unit. This is very handy to be sure that the trem is flat with the body without having to take the trem cavity plate off. There is also a bar that can be removed and applied again that changes the trem from floating to half float. Good for string changes.

Why do we have to get old...

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

There is also a bar that can be removed and applied again that changes the trem from floating to half float. Good for string changes.

Kind of like temporarily blocking the trem? Um....does anybody know if I can get one of those to install on my guitar with a FR?

Sounds to me like it would be good for string changes, but GREAT for things like going into drop-D...

Congrats on the new axe- It looked a lot older to me; Absolutely screams 80s metal! (And I hope it does!)

Best,
ande

ReplyQuote
(@bfloyd6969)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Ande. I don't think it would be a retro-fit for a Floyd, you would have to check with Ibanez. It doesn't actually block the trem, it just stabalizes it more than regular float. It does help a bit with string changing, just not like a completely blocked trem. I still change one string at a time.

Have you heard of the Tremol-no? That has an option that can go from float to blocked, and it fits nicely on a Floyd (from what I've read).

Why do we have to get old...

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

Cool looking thing! Maybe on my Christmas list.

I also found this...

http://floydupgrades.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=191

But I guess you don't need one...

(Jealously)

Ande

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2