Notifications
Clear all

My New & Improved Studio/Practice Area!

66 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member

wow...very nice setup. Give's me idea's for my future music room. Smart having your window AC close by......

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

You like the Danelectro's huh? I was thinking of getting the Danelectro Daddy O & Chicken Salad Package that Wes was talking about in another post.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Mike, you did a great job reorganizing.

I see only one problem. You have too many guitars for one room.

I can help. I have more room. I'll store some for you. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Mike, just do what I did and hang 'em on the wall :twisted: You can buy tool hangers at lowes for about $2, screw them into the stud and your good to go. I've had my guitars on them for 2 year's and have not had one drop yet.....But I could store that LP for you :D

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Mike, just do what I did and hang 'em on the wall :twisted: You can buy tool hangers at lowes for about $2, screw them into the stud and your good to go. I've had my guitars on them for 2 year's and have not had one drop yet.....But I could store that LP for you :D

I always knew the GN folk were very generous! They even give you room in your homes to store your gear! :lol: :wink:
You like the Danelectro's huh? I was thinking of getting the Danelectro Daddy O & Chicken Salad Package that Wes was talking about in another post.

I don't know about the Chicken Salad pedal but I LOVE the Danelectro pedals I have...especially the Daddy-O! They are WELL worth getting!
Looks like a great setup Mike! Have any clips recorded with this setup? I'd love to hear how it all sounds.

Jason

Jason,

Except for the pedals everything else is basically the same...just reorganized. I did make a few clips I believe in my N.I.B. post and also a few in my Daddy-O post.

Smokedog,

That's no fair you showing off all your stuff like that! You've been playing longer than me! As for hanging my guitars, I thought about it (I like your idea about the tool hangers...cheaper than the one's on MF!) but living in an apartment I don't want to put huge holes in the walls.

Thanks everyone for your comments!

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

we are generous here.

i've given away my old books to people on this site. and i have a string swing that i don't use and probably will never use. if anyone wants it, pm me. i can't return it since i've opened it. i wasn't able to drill into the wall where i wanted my guitar to be....

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I can't explain how cool that room looks. All you need to do now is replace that chair with a commode and you could live there.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I can't explain how cool that room looks. All you need to do now is replace that chair with a commode and you could live there.

And don't forget the fridge!!! :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

That's no fair you showing off all your stuff like that! You've been playing longer than me! As for hanging my guitars, I thought about it (I like your idea about the tool hangers...cheaper than the one's on MF!) but living in an apartment I don't want to put huge holes in the walls.

Mike, you can do the same thing in various ways, but basically you need a piece of strong wood (2x6 or thick plywood) that you can mount in front of the wall. There are lots of ways to do this.

Laz

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Mike, you can do the same thing in various ways, but basically you need a piece of strong wood (2x6 or thick plywood) that you can mount in front of the wall. There are lots of ways to do this.

Laz

Ive done it in a basement with cinder block walls using a 2x4 configuration that looks like a hangman apperatus with legs at angles to help stabilize it.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

GUYS! This is my living room you're talking about here! :shock: :shock: :shock:

No hole drilling or cinder blocks allowed. Now I could make something with pipe and paint it? :? :?

ReplyQuote
(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

Give my cats 5 minutes in that room and it will be a wasteland.

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

To be quite honest, those wall hangers only put two small holes in the wall. When you move it would only be a matter a small amount of spackle and possibly a little paint to hide it. If you are hanging pictures on the walls, you can hang a guitar on the wall. Find a stud and drill the hanger into the stud. Viola!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Mike

Very nice. Neat and well organized including the cables.

My home set-up? Guitar on stand, cable, amp. That's it. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5